Fair to say I had Micro/Mini's?

was that shot with one of those new hi-def cameras? j/k

hard to tell anything by looking at the blury pic.

but i would guess it is fixable - if anything there is in need of fixing.

try taking another pic and try to keep your camera very still for few seconds and while you pressing on the shutter.

I'm leary of both, also, for sure...codewords for sub-optimal work, IMHO.

Like GQ, I can't get a *great* grasp of your HT from the pics; but, my first reaction was that you didn't get nearly enough grafts (surprise surprise) and that your grafts are spread way, way too far apart.

You kinda remind me of Leeson, actually...looks pretty simimliar...he had a sub-standard HT, had what looks like a very-very similiar look to you, but got fixed up and looks mint now.

How many month out are you from the HT, btw?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Ya, I'd pretty much echo what I already said. Could be mini's, but dunno...think it's more an issue of the spacing than anything else -- which is (spacing), incidentally, a tool in a repair job.

What doc/clinic did you go to? Could totally rule out -- or lend credence to -- "minis".

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Theres many on this forum that will say the same thing, but it looks a strightforward fix in the right hands, in that it may be possible just to fill in around them. The 2 procedures combined could give you a good overall result, but its a pain to have to go through it again so sooon.

Hey guys,

Just so you know, many of you are confusing graft terminology. Micrografts are not the same as minigrafts. In fact, micrografts is a general cateogory for both follicular units and sub follicular units. See "The Difference Between the Various Types of "Grafts" and Their Meanings" which links to a more detailed article on graft terminology written by Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Best wishes,

Bill

BigBill1234,

Please use a camera that can give photographs with better definition.

And the other Bill is right, we need to get the terminology clear (even myself).

take care...

mmhce,

you have to *learn* how to read between the line sometimes.

why else would some clinics choose to call it "micros" other then obvious fact that their *slits* are huge and not to mention sub-optimal work.

"for sure...codewords for sub-optimal work, IMHO."

120% agreed!

Re: mini/micro terminology, Dr. Feller recently stated "this patient had old style mini/micrograft work done years ago by another clinic".

Micrografts do seem to certainly be a technical umbrella for follicular unit grafting; but, I'm still leary of any clinic who throws the term out to label their work. Partly, it is because of things like the Dr. Feller quote from above, and also that I have never seen (and can't imagine ever seeing) Dr.'s Hasson, Wong, Farjo, Rahal and many-many others using the term to label their work. Conversely, Dr.'s whose work and methodology seems suspect that I have encountered over the years are often quick to use the term.

I wouldn't disagree that micro's are a technical term that encompass the follicular unit grafting we consider the gold-standard; on a simple, practical level, however, the docs whom I trust the most seem to either never use the term *or* make statements like Dr. Feller's above; and, conversely, suspect clinics (basically clinics not associated w/ HTN) throw out the phrase to label their work pretty often.

Perhaps, the latter is a bastardization of the term micrografting, which makes many like myself and GQ very wary of any clinic who chooses to use that particular term to describe their work.

-----------

Frankly, I'm not so sure that every physician even uses these terms correctly. Perhaps the above should be used as a guide to help us understand the appropriate use of the terminology. But "micrografts" are small, typically a follicular unit or sub follicular unit and still used today quite regularly.