Diffusal hair loss - advice please

Hi All

Seeking some advice from you. I had thinning hair for ~3-4 years, more noticable in recent years, what permanent options are they for people with diffusal hair loss?

Conscious that as I age they will thin even more and may make my top look worse unless i replace all of the hairs on top of my head. What have other people with diffusal hair loss done?

See photo

Top.thumb.jpg.43d70ca05f6a1d51b447c3ff5d95f5c7.jpg

Whatever you can do medicinally to help stabilize the progression of diffused loss is the starting point.

Having a HT procedure without first stabilizing the loss would be risky especially concerning permanent shock loss.

Have you met with a reputable HT doctor?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

this may be a stupid question. But if I go on Finasteride, and see regrowth, is there a chance the hair may stay permanently? I've been thinking about my receeding hairline, and think it was due to a few years of high stress and further worsened by Creatine supplements I was taking as part of my Gym routine. My family and grandparents did not have signs of hairloss until 70+

Looks like you have a lot of hair to save. I don't think that hair is permanent for most people even with monasteries, but it can give you a decade or more. Looks like your around 37. Looking at your hair loss, I would say try a reputable fin source for a year first before you consider a transplant.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm a diffuse thinner, I also take Creatine. There was one study about Creatine using 12 rugby players that links it to hairloss. I know plenty of people who use it who don't have any hairloss, I know plenty of people who don't use it who have no hair. I wouldn't stress too much about that. If its making an impact, I bet its negligible. Just as long as you're not taking too much.

I got my first HT three months ago. I started with just addressing the hairline. I'm not on Fin (terrible side effectS), but I use minoxidil. If you go the HT route just know you'll have to get upwards of 3-4 HTs. Probably two really quick too. I don't think fin would fix your receding hairline but it may regrow the crown and help you keep what you have. Getting a hairline HT might be a nice aesthetic boost if it all works out. Then you just have to keep working your way backwards knowing that the crown area will have to remain thin. But that's the only way to solve the problem permanently.

One of the downsides of Fin is that you never know how long it'll keep working for you. It could work for 5 years it would work for 50 years. Getting an HT is the only way to know for sure that you're off the hook for hairloss (in that area at least).

It's amazing how a little bit of hair added back can produce a more youthful look...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY