27, diffuse thinning, considering FUE

Hi, I'm a 27 year old South Indian male living in UK.

I've been losing hair density since I was 23.

I'm considering a FUE prodcedure, preferable in the UK.

I would rather not take Propeica, and I understand that this mean I may need multiple procedures throughout the years, I am happy to do this if required. I believe I have a good donor area.

can anyone advise me on the best way forward. I have attached some pictures.

Thanks for reading

IMG_3216.JPG.8034ea9a34b53f2af7ffe6c69903c82a.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG.2e691c43e09e34374b06b98fcc8dd423.JPG

• Administrators

Forget a transplant, try toppik, your problems will be solved trust me, there's more risk then there is reward in your situation, you may potentially end up looking worse after surgery especially with no stabilizing medication. Once the toppik no longer works THEN look in to surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Direwolf,

I agree with HTsoon. (I wish I had your hairline and density, by the way ;))

Propecia will thicken up your crown, a concealer will cover until this happens. I would try dermamatch, in my experience it's easier to use and less messy than fibre concealer. You are still young, and you then can see how your MPB progresses. If the propecia gives you sides, by all means stop. Most surgeons will advise you to take propecia, to enhance the donor hair prior to a HT anyway. A HT really is a last resort (my case anyway).

If your convinced a HT is for you, then research, research, research! (I'm booked for mine in October, but I have spent many years reading up on the subject).

Go to as many consultations from a selection of surgeons as you can.

The best advise I have had, is reading from this forum funnily enough. Its members give helpful unbiased advise, and post their updates on HT results as you are know doubt aware.

Good luck and hope my words help.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Ok guys thanks for your help. I'll try some concealer products for now and hold out on the HT maybe until I'm 30. Huge relief to hear you say it doesn't look too bad - I've been loosing sleep over this for the past year.

I'd reconsider finasteride, it's effective for more than 4 out 5 men, and the potential side effect horror stories are drummed up by instigators more than the reality.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

That is a good point. I know many guys take it successfully, but for me, even a 0.01% chance of permanent sides are too much of a risk. Maybe that sound pathetic but it's just how I feel.
There are no observed permanent side effects studied. The minuscule number of men under 50 that reported Erectile dysfunction saw it fully reversed upon stopping the regimen.

And a vast majority of the ED crowd are men of an age group prone to ED, with or without finasteride.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016