WARNING! Bauman Medical Group

@Carl Counts I had stumbled across your video elsewhere on the internet and was horrified by the way you've been treated. A reality of cosmetic surgery is that every doctor, regardless of how skilled and respected they may be, has messed a few patients up over the course of their careers. This is on another level from what I usually see.

The way the doctor proceeded despite your discussion about the scars is one thing, but the way you seem to have been treated in the post-op is appalling. What ultimately separates a great doctor from the others isn't just the results they produce, but how they handle that reality of a few messed up patients to try to make things right.

We had a doctor touch base with a patient on these forums just the other day when progress looked like it maybe wasn't on track for a home run just to show some compassion to the patient and reassure him they'd work with him on living up to the original expectations of the work if needed. That patient was on no way disfigured, just not seeing the growth he expected at his stage in the process. To see your situation as the flip side of the coin is sobering.

Did the doctor ever commit to putting any of your discussions in writing, or was that avoided? One thing I have learned the value of in business is the value of getting things in writing. It's occurred to me that a benevolent doctor would have no issues doing this for a patient and hesitation to do so should be a red flag.

48 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

@Carl Counts I had stumbled across your video elsewhere on the internet and was horrified by the way you've been treated. A reality of cosmetic surgery is that every doctor, regardless of how skilled and respected they may be, has messed a few patients up over the course of their careers. This is on another level from what I usually see.

The way the doctor proceeded despite your discussion about the scars is one thing, but the way you seem to have been treated in the post-op is appalling. What ultimately separates a great doctor from the others isn't just the results they produce, but how they handle that reality of a few messed up patients to try to make things right.

We had a doctor touch base with a patient on these forums just the other day when progress looked like it maybe wasn't on track for a home run just to show some compassion to the patient and reassure him they'd work with him on living up to the original expectations of the work if needed. That patient was on no way disfigured, just not seeing the growth he expected at his stage in the process. To see your situation as the flip side of the coin is sobering.

Did the doctor ever commit to putting any of your discussions in writing, or was that avoided? One thing I have learned the value of in business is the value of getting things in writing. It's occurred to me that a benevolent doctor would have no issues doing this for a patient and hesitation to do so should be a red flag.

No, unfortunately bauman would not put any of our discussions in writing, which should've been a major red flag to me at the time. From the start, I should've been more proactive with bauman by getting things in writing. I was VERY misled by the fact that bauman was recommended on various sites and a member of International society of hair restoration surgeons. I later found out that his membership with ISHRS means nothing other than he pays he's yearly dues to have his name attached to a prestigious sounding group. I also found out he pays a LOT in advertising on the various sites to promote and protect him. He has had me removed from many sites due to the sponsorship money he pays those site. I totally agree with you that a benevolent doctor would have no problem putting things in writing but bauman is far from honest doctor. He won't even send me my medical records, even after I filled out all the paper work his office requested in order to send them to me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1