Nightmare!!!! Shower drain showed clump of hairs!!!

goodwally

Having a great fuckin day today!! Showered to find a comet of 25 strands swirling in the drain. I know it aint nothing to complain considering people lose more than that on the daily. But in my case I never lose this much.

Used to shower every day until a back injury last month limited my movement. Last time I shampooed was 3 days ago. When I go without shampooing for 2, 3 or 4 days I lose hair. But NEVER this much!! Also had a bad family crisis 3 days ago. Trying to figure out why in hell this happened. Was it combo of not shampooing for 3 days or crisis or both???

Need input into this! Going literally crazy now and now aint the best time!!

If you are washing your hair less frequently than usual then that could explain an increase in the number of hairs you're seeing in the drain. The process of washing dislodges hairs that are due to be shed and skipping a few days of shampooing will mean that more are washed away in one go.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

If you are washing your hair less frequently than usual then that could explain an increase in the number of hairs you're seeing in the drain. The process of washing dislodges hairs that are due to be shed and skipping a few days of shampooing will mean that more are washed away in one go.

Good to know this. In other words the less you shampoo the more shed hairs accumulate until you wash them away next time. This why you see more hairs in drain after a few days of not shampoooing. Good one. Thanks!!

Good Wally,

As Mat already explained, The frequency of how often you wash could affect shedding however, if you begin to see a lot more shedding on a regular basis, indication of hair loss for increased hair loss. If you are concerned, you can always see a dermatologist who specializes in hair and get an a valuation on whether or not you are experiencing hair loss.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Another factor to consider is if you use product in your hair or not. If you use product and go a few days without washing your hair, the number of hairs that will show up when you finally wash it will be even higher. This is because the product in your hair is keeping all those naturally shedding hairs on your head and they accumulate. Added stress probably doesn't help matters any either, but I think the less frequent hair washing is the main culprit here.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56