5month post op can i have a second fue

I had roughly 5000 grafts with arenamed on march 8th

just coming up to 21 weeks it looks ok in some pictures and some still look bald

I had 4000ish front 1000 middle 500 crown which is how they marked it out

I need my crown doing for definite but more density in the middle.

Will I have enough doner to do this or is 5000is the max you can have

I'm not familiar with the clinic you went to, but I wouldn't be surprised if the graft count is total hairs rather than true follicular units. Follicular units can contain 1, 2, 3 or 4 hairs with the average being around 2.

The reason I say this is that 5000 grafts would be a very large FUE procedure and I know some clinics count (and quote) hairs. It's important to know exactly what you got as this will influence how many grafts you have next.

At five months it would be too soon to have a second procedure as not all of the grafts from your first procedure will have grown yet.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Your max grafts available is dictated by your donor, did your doc not give you any indication on how many you may have remaining?

As Mattj said, 5 months is too early. Particularly if it's an area that's already had work done. You can go a little sooner on virgin recipient scalp but you still want to give your donor area time to adequately heal up before getting work done again. If it's a recipient area that's had work done prior a year is the usual suggested time to wait between surgeries.

I've seen the work of arenamed on instagram. Always looks fantastic work. I myself considered them for my hair transplant as they have a set price (very low if I remember of about 1600 euros for everything such as consultation, operation, aftercare, transport etc) upto a maximum of 5000 grafts

The surgeon is meant to be Serkan Aydin I believe. I have read reviews on a few forums saying that people never met Serkan and it was all technicians, which for the price would seem correct.

If I understand your question correctly then only your transplant surgeon would tell you how many donor grafts you have left as they would have reviewed this prior to your first surgery.

From my limited knowledge of donor supply, if you've had 5000 grafts used already then another 5000 may be ambitious. I believe from what I've read on hair transplant network that 10000 donor grafts would be for someone with a very healthy supply. I do stand corrected if I am wrong though.

I would definitely wait to see how the results from the first procedure look especially the yield factor.

After 5,000 FUE grafts extracted, I wonder what your donor looks like and to have more FUE taken could potentially leave your donor area looking very thin and moth-eaten.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I will be happy with another few thousand for the crown and density

pre opp pic and current. Nothing against arena med as it looks loads better than it did. O met serkan and he drew the hair line and came in twice and then checked it at the end

Pre

20170309_080000.jpg

20 weeks

20170719_195009.jpg

20170719_202530.jpg

20170719_202526.jpg

• Moderators

At 5 months there is still a lot of growing that will occur. Just wait a few more months and then you'll have a better idea of where you need more and how much you will need (if any).

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 months is so early. You probably won't see a ton of growth until the year mark. Chill out

Far from disappointed with the results so far its just I only had 500 (ish) grafts on the crown which looks bald as from the sides from the front i am well happy

see before and after

Screenshot_20170726_203852.png

looking good at this early stage, how does the donor area look like, 5000 grafts in one setting for FUE is alot.thinkgs are progressing nicely

My doner had healed after a week got the odd itch but never any pain

I can shave it on 1 and still cannot tell I have had it done so I would say that is not bad just hope I can have the crown improved that's the only bit I don't like as 500 grafts there was not enough

Give it time to fully mature and then see what you think.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY