Had consultation & was given very different advice.Recommendations?

Hello,

I have been a silent reader here and been doing a research for a long time. Decided to have my FUE HT procedure done this year. I spoke to a few doctors and was really impressed with Dr. Bhatti's work. His advise was that for my condition I would require around 3500 grafts. Recently I spoke to another doctor in India and he said that I would need 6000 grafts which is huge difference from Dr. Bhatti's advise.

I need some opinion here from the expert members based on my pictures. Do I need 6000 graft? Any input would be appreciated.

Back.PNG.0e416363760eb47733ac9f2fec7b2782.PNG

Top.PNG.4fe4052d3b72b8472ff2b15f5450338c.PNG

5b32f4c7e9db2_Front45_with_marking.PNG.a1968e476ad85b45d20b8d400312914e.PNG

5b32f4c81d2b0_ScreenShot2017-07-12at11_22_49PM.png.d828da77a641cafd4b0b833301ba8d51.png

5b32f4c839708_ScreenShot2017-07-12at11_22_34PM.png.b515590fa02060b2148a5b2e47ff6478.png

Hello,

I have been a silent reader here and been doing a research for a long time. Decided to have my FUE HT procedure done this year. I spoke to a few doctors and was really impressed with Dr. Bhatti's work. His advise was that for my condition I would require around 3500 grafts. Recently I spoke to another doctor in India and he said that I would need 6000 grafts which is huge difference from Dr. Bhatti's advise.

I need some opinion here from the expert members based on my pictures. Do I need 6000 graft? Any input would be appreciated.

Hi Fallenone,

If you have look at my patient write up in the link below,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

You will see that I had a similar hair loss pattern to you and your hair quality too seems remarkably similar. I was quoted a similar amount of grafts to you and I received 3305 grafts which gave me one of the best results you will see anywhere online.

Therefore I would say Dr Bhatti's recommendation of approximately 3500 grafts is spot on. Not sure why the other doctor should quote you 6000 grafts, it is way off the mark in my opinion.

Please feel free to get in touch with me should you need any help and advice.

Hi Fallenone,

If you have look at my patient write up in the link below,

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

You will see that I had a similar hair loss pattern to you and your hair quality too seems remarkably similar. I was quoted a similar amount of grafts to you and I received 3305 grafts which gave me one of the best results you will see anywhere online.

Therefore I would say Dr Bhatti's recommendation of approximately 3500 grafts is spot on. Not sure why the other doctor should quote you 6000 grafts, it is way off the mark in my opinion.

Please feel free to get in touch with me should you need any help and advice.

Thank you Shera. Yes I have been through your write up and also shared it with friends. Your write helped me immensely while shortlisting the doctors.

I have reached out to other doctor to confirm how many grafts do I need. Dr. Bhatti did clarify that his earlier recommendation of 3500 grafts is still the same. Will post updates here.

What are your goals? You have a lot area to cover.

You are a NW5 pretty much.

Are you on finasteride?

Hi Swooping, I am not expecting miracles with this HT procedure and considering my forehead is a bit on larger side my focus would be to have coverage on front as much possible.

When I had head full of hairs I had good coverage on front center but not so much on sides so I am atleast hoping I get similar coverage.

Do you guys think thats realistic expectation?

And no I am not taking any finasteride. Thanks,

The hairline that is drawn in with the neon marker in one of your pictures seems way too low. It would take a bunch of grafts to adequately fill in that area and you most likely would not have enough donor for your mid scale/crown area if you lose that. I would opt for a much more conservative hairline.

I agree that the hairline you've drawn on your photos seems really ambitious and I would opt for something more conservative considering the stage of your hair loss.

As for how many grafts you need, it really does come down to what your expectations are and what your ultimate end goal is. Doing 6,000 in one HT seems really aggressive, as I'm sure that number could quite possibly max you out, if not come quite close to it (especially with FUE).

Aside from the difference in graft estimates, what else did the two surgeons say? What was their ultimate game plan and reasoning behind their recommendation? And how does your age/genetics play into all of this?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I do agree with you guys that the neon mark I have for hairline is a bit aggressive. This is based on my initial consultation with the doctors and I need to have a bit more detail conversation in couple of days with the doctors to understand their game plan.

What do you guys say on the donor area? Is that enough for 3500 grafts or will I need more (from beard may be)?

I do agree with you guys that the neon mark I have for hairline is a bit aggressive. This is based on my initial consultation with the doctors and I need to have a bit more detail conversation in couple of days with the doctors to understand their game plan.

What do you guys say on the donor area? Is that enough for 3500 grafts or will I need more (from beard may be)?

I too think the hairline suggested in your pics is way to low, I think you should go for something similar to mine. Basically 4 fingers of the brow.

As for your scalp donor area, you look good to go for 3500 scalp grafts. However considering you age, approximately 32 years, you are likely to lose more native hair so you might want to consider keeping some precious donor grafts in the bank.

Dr Bhatti will usually implant beard/chest hair in a ratio of 5:1/4:1 alongside scalp hair in the mid scalp and crown to act as filler for more density. The beard hairs are removed from the shadow area under the chin and the chest hair generally from the mid chest.

So, judging from your pics, there seems to be no issues with obtaining 3500 grafts from your scalp donor. But looking long term, beard/chest hair is also an option.

The proposed graft estimate depends on where your new hairline would be established. In addition, the level of density throughout the recipient area also has a significant impact in the total graft estimate.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

While you definitely seem to have 3500 grafts to spare in the donor area, these are all excellent things to discuss with the doctors when you speak with them again. All of this really depends on what your end goal is, how achievable/realistic that goal is based on several different factors, and then ultimately what the doctor's game plan for achieving that would be. Don't only talk to them about what they suggest, but get their thought process behind suggesting that as well. This will really help you compare notes and make a more informed decision.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56