Does pitting effect growth

Hi guys I was wondering as I'm day 2 post op fue and I can see some small pitting not all the grafts but some seem to have mild pitting. My question is will the grafts in the pitting site grow just as well as the others?

Can anyone with any knowledge or experience with give me any information.

Thanks in Advance

• Moderators

At only a couple of days post op you can't really tell yet if any pitting will be permanent. At this early stage you will still have some swelling and a lot of healing to do. Also, once it grows in, even if there is a bit of pitting, it may be totally camouflaged by the new hair if the pitting is not too bad. Just let it heal and grow for a few months and then you can properly assess it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I agree...you want to wait for any swelling and inflammation to subside and then putting up some pics taken in adequate lighting would be helpful.

Congrats on your recent procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If pitting exists few months down the line, then id be concerned but you are like 2 days post op. Too early to tell. Let everything heal and wait, if it concerns you, message doc to see if the current state is normal.

Thanks guys For all your kind and quick responses I got to give it a chance and let it all heal up and then assess the situation as it looks a lot better already.