Issue with hair transplant

Where did you have this done? Looks like a lot of the grafts did not survive and fell out. You also have dried scabbing blood which possibly means some grafts fell out. I would recommend you followup with whoever did this procedure ASAP

• Administrators

The crusting and ridging occurs because you have not cleaned the recipient site, unless the grafts popped and bled shortly after your procedure then I highly doubt you've lost any grafts. With that said, it's important to keep the area clean, I see this often as guys are OVERLY cautious about touching the grafts and thus they get this crusting and ridging look you have now.

Here is a very informative video from Dr. Lindsey about cleaning the transplanted area

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

With the very minimal information provided by you , HT's assumption is probably correct - can you please take a few minutes and describe your aftercare procedures and regimen? We're here to help but you need to elaborate on the care you have had following the procedure.

When did you have it? Have you shampooed daily? Have you applied any spray...etc...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Rajesh, yeah you're suppose to keep your recipient sites good and moist after a transplant. Spraying it with water every 30 minutes or so. I always take baths and soak my grafts and take a couple of long showers a day. You should be scab free a week after your transplant.

Thnkx for your replies guys.. Now on th day i have started my area clean more by doing shampoo (jhonson baby shampoo) twice a day nd sprayimg water in every 30-40 min..now crust is gng slowly slowly withiut any graph...so is tgat a good sign or not? Also, is the planted area will get plain before getting new hairs or the same planted hairs can also grow?

Thnkx for your replies guys.. Now on th day i have started my area clean more by doing shampoo (jhonson baby shampoo) twice a day nd sprayimg water in every 30-40 min..now crust is gng slowly slowly withiut any graph...so is tgat a good sign or not? Also, is the planted area will get plain before getting new hairs or the same planted hairs can also grow?

You will most likely lose your hairs that were planted. 95% of all patients do - then the waiting begins.

Please read here and study - this is basic information that you should have been informed of before you had your transplant but it's not too late to get all the information you need and more to help with a successful outcome.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Rajesh,

Did you send these images to your clinic? If not, I would and see what they think/recommend.

Also, do you have any post-operative images? These may be useful.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.