Plug Removal docs

Check out the attached link to the pics and the video to see the work that Dr. Konior did on me: Advanced Plug Hairline Repair by Dr. Raymond Konior. I'm extremely happy with the results.

As far as financials are concerned, that's all relative. I will say, however, that the old adage, "you get what you pay for" certainly applies to hair restoration (especially repairs). So, my advice to you is if money truly is a limiting factor, have smaller, multiple sessions over time rather than trying to do it all at once "on the cheap."

Remember HTs are permanent, so you want to do it right. That means going to a Coalition surgeon. Of course I highly recommend Dr. Konior.

I hope that helps. Best of luck to you.

Thanks - I did contact the Dr but it seems I am not a good candidate. All stems from no donor and amount of plugs. They seem to try to scare me off by saying I will be left with linear scars. They don't seem to realise it is either that or a skin graft with one mother of a scar. In the UK a personality called Russ Abbott had his plugs removed but I've never been able to find out where he went. Looks a sweet job so I know it can be done which makes it harder stop looking.

Bachstrad, without knowing your pics and story, I would say the doc was right to warn you like that, but I don't understand why the choices you see are limited to a) strip-brow-lift or b) a skin graft. Why not just remove the plugs by punching them out? I have seen this from BHR, Woods in fact, most good strip docs do the occasional FUE removal without a hitch. I think Joetronic may have even had a few nasty ones punched out. Seeming the issue of brow lift vs plug-by-plug seems to be on the agenda here, my 2 cents would be, unless you have a ton of donor hair available, a pre-existing strips scar behind and the the plugs needed to removed are not isoalted easily from the surrounding hair i.e. you had smaller FUs put in to disguise the plugs, why create the trauma and scarring that comes with a brow lift?

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Damn..I just made a decent reponse to this and used a trigger word,

basically, I suggested, (not knowing your situtaion)

1. Your options are not skin graft vs browlift

2. Plenty of docs do plug-by-plug successfully

even regulat strip-only docs, Jotronic has ahd a few punched out I think.

3. Unless you're already scarred, loads of donor, why create the trauma of browlift strip reduction.

p.s. 3 different docs have punched out plugs from my noggin and i've also had a browlift

Scar5 - I have contacted about 12 docs and NOT including the ones who wanted $25000 I have one who can remove all plugs and one who wants to remove a handful for fear of further complications so I have both ends of the spectrum but most have declined - reason being imo there is no donor hair to hide any work done so no comparison to Jotronic. Dare say you had donor hair to camouflage your plug removals too.

i hear you Bach. So then, can you posta few more pics? Have your spoken to Dr. Harris? What did he say? i will say this, the complication arises from the patients' side and from doctors' side differently.

OK, then. I can see why you were warned against a brow lift. With those plugs on a NW6 barren crown, it is still possible to conceive of a full-blown mega seesion to disguise the plugs back and front, but a reversal is probably on the tip-of-the tongue at a glance. Dr. Harris, is a strip-FUE doc situated in the U.S. Well respected and capable of giving a frank assesment. About 7 or 8 US dollars a plug but worth checking out. He probably has some fancy name for his clininc or technique. Oh..and don't think the UK will help you. Brussells is a must-check too. If they are giving you grief, do check Harris.

Yes Sparky - I am looking into Dr Bissanga as one option on this side of the water. Need someone who can utilise the hairs from the plugs. I'm finding that some of the repair docs are pushing BHT. I thought BHT was ignored by the top docs as the yield was too low ? If BHT worked I wouldn't have a problem !

Interesting Sparky. I have loads of body hair 1 inch long . Am also interested to find docs that do scalp reduction as a way to reduce the plugs but doubt if anyone on this board is old enough to have had it done.

• Moderators

I had 5 scalp reductions between 15 and 20 years ago. I still ended up a NW 7 anyway. They didn't reduce the size of the area at all. The only thing you will get is a new scar.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thanks for info behappy - appreciate it. Plug removal seems to be only answer and put any hairs grabbed into the hairline. I have to get a doc that doesn't shave recipient area. Don't know much about fue but do most docs shave recipient ?

• 1 year later...