loosing crown haira

Sean is right. Don't rush into it. There's no way that you can properly assess your situation in only a month and it wouldn't be a good idea to rush into a HT when you're just starting out with Minoxidil. I know it's hard but you have to be patient.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I had a meeting with my doctor recently and he is emphasizing me to go for PRP atleast 3 sessions and he said if no.improvenment shows up in next 6 months, will go for hair trasplant.

Do you guys think prp can make such difference like ht?

Please se below yesterdays pics after applying minioxidil.

Br

sumeet

IMAG2662.thumb.jpg.af20ed118bb142bf2e83f29e23d71466.jpg

IMAG2661.thumb.jpg.6addbae48d346a0e535b67f192e45cac.jpg

IMAG2660.thumb.jpg.49a23d52c9ba4a2cab8890176ef0bc58.jpg

But does PRP helps?

Spex said this :

"Ive really not seen any PRP results to make me consider it as a long term solution. Ive had a great deal of feedback on it too over the last few years and nothings ever excited me"

and he's working with clinics so I imagine if it was worth it, he'd have it done and could probably get it free or at least discounted so if he couldn't be bothered, you probably shouldn't either.

• 6 months later...

Do you think that there has been any change? Different hair length and lighting make it difficult to compare to the earlier pics. I think the longer hair is helping to hide it. Only a short space of time has gone by, so I think the same advice applies and you should wait before going down the HT route.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

So what currently I can do to remove this dud? :mad:

You had your previous session in your 20s I’m assuming, never a good idea as many people find themself in the same position as you further loss develops, your hair loss is obviously progressing and I think treating it now is going to be pointless I would keep on fin and hold off for as long as you can as I feel what DR Bloxam has said is the truth your going to end up with an island otherwise

• Moderators

I would go for a smallish hair transplant session to lightly fill in the crown. You have enough thick hair around the area to give you coverage without the crown needing to be too thick. How much beard hair do you have? You could try a few hundred beard grafts into the crown and not use any head donor at all.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

And because the loss in the crown can potentially demand so much donor, if you must have some degree of coverage, using some beard donor is a viable option as was just pointed out.

The key is to not go for high density using scalp donor. A low density pass would be the way I would go.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY