Concerned about my donor area (pics included)

I'm looking to take the leap and commit to a hair transplant with Dr Bisanga in Belgium, but I keep worrying that my donor area will not be suitable. Even more so tonight I noticed the bottom of my hair at the back looks like it may have retrograde alopecia?

Keen to get your guys input. The brighter picture is from 6 months ago after a haircut where it shaved down, the other picture is from tonight (its been 2 weeks since I've had a haircut).

I usually get the same guy to cut my hair and he does the back square, this time a different girl didn't and I can't recall if she did that or not.

18300824_10154691637177153_4873118965173843825_n.jpg.41066d21b583e53b645820301ce50fb6.jpg

15726622_10154322380817153_5278328794828391096_n.jpg.74547e229af7e46eb52f51ec740dd94d.jpg

Edited by bennyt89
Edit

Looks fine to me, but I'm no expert! I had FUT with Dr Feriduni 12 months ago, amazing guy, if it's not too late, I'd go and see him for a second opinion, as you probably know he's also in Belgium!

You can't give accurate advice on a donor area, generally, based on pics.. I looks like your donor is about like mine....average. If it was awesome, I would not be able to see scalp at that length, but if it sucked, I would be able to see more. That is what my general guess is for you, but again, pics are hard to read because lighting is so variable.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
You can't give accurate advice on a donor area, generally, based on pics.. I looks like your donor is about like mine....average. If it was awesome, I would not be able to see scalp at that length, but if it sucked, I would be able to see more. That is what my general guess is for you, but again, pics are hard to read because lighting is so variable.

Thanks for the feedback, and yes definately ackowledge a selfie off an iPhone camera won't provide a hell of a lot of insight into donor characteristics.

Just out of curiosity, you mentioned you can see scalp in one of the photos? Where was it exactly, i can't pinpoint it...

in the right side pic. You can look at it on the laptop and bend the screen back, which will cause contrast and you can easily see it.

That doesn't mean is bad at all, just at that length if you had extraordinary donor, you would probably be blocking all of the light to your scalp with the direction it is laying.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

in the right side pic. You can look at it on the laptop and bend the screen back, which will cause contrast and you can easily see it.

That doesn't mean is bad at all, just at that length if you had extraordinary donor, you would probably be blocking all of the light to your scalp with the direction it is laying.

I see what you mean now, this was right after I had it shaved down to number 1.5.

I know it's hard to say without seeing in person, but generally would someone in my situation still be able to get a good HT result with that donor? You mentioned you had an 'average' donor as well....

Also I'm a bit concerned by your comment about seeing scalp in regard to donor effectiveness. If I shave the back of the head down to number 1, so the lowest you can go without razoring it, you can definitely see a lot more scalp. Yet it grows in within a few days.

Does this mean I may not be suitable?

Hard to see in the pics but it looks like average donor. Be careful if you get FUE in that donor and if extractions are all taken close too each other versus scattered apart. You can end up with halos or square see through extraction areas and it can be permanent. Be careful and wish you the best.

I see what you mean now, this was right after I had it shaved down to number 1.5.

I know it's hard to say without seeing in person, but generally would someone in my situation still be able to get a good HT result with that donor? You mentioned you had an 'average' donor as well....

I see no reason why you would not be a candidate based on pics.

View Spanker's Website

I see no reason why you would not be a candidate based on pics.

Thanks for the advice. And here is what I mean when I said before I was concerned that you could see scalp, I had the back of head shaved down this morning as low as you can get pretty much. (but then within 2 or 3 days it will grow in and look normal).

Is that normal and would it be a problem? Sorry to be a pain just don't want to get my hopes up.

18698475_10154742572382153_1131895159260523824_n.jpg.58ad4ae52bbfad4e11e564cd14cfdd19.jpg

I still don't see why you wouldn't be a candidate. That does look like a weak spot but it could be head shape or nothing. Most importantly, you need, like everyone imo, an in person consult before scheduling surgery.

View Spanker's Website