What's the deal with pimples?

I figure that pimples become apparent around the 2-3 month period, but what is the deal with pimples, does everyone get them?

I'm two months in to a H/T and have

not noticed many pimples or spots, maybe two? I just left them alone and didn't do anything, but I don't know if it was a pimple or a spot, or if they are the same thing or not, and if my lack of them is a good thing, a bad thing, or of no real importance?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I figure that pimples become apparent around the 2-3 month period, but what is the deal with pimples, does everyone get them?

I'm two months in to a H/T and have

not noticed many pimples or spots, maybe two? I just left them alone and didn't do anything, but I don't know if it was a pimple or a spot, or if they are the same thing or not, and if my lack of them is a good thing, a bad thing, or of no real importance?

I started getting them up top around the one month mark. Just one here and one there. Around the start of month two I got a few more but nothing major. What worried me was that I got about five in the donor area along the scar. Most went away but there are two that are still hanging in there. I called my doctor because I was worried that they might keep the scar from flattening out all the way but he said there was nothing to worry about. I have to admit that I'm not good about leaving them be and have popped several of them. I've read mixed ideas about how to deal with them. The good news is that they are supposed to be an indication that good things are happening below the skin!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

An actual doctor can of course offer more enlightenment on this, but pimples in the recipient area are simply a sign of growth, and of newly moved hair poking through the surface of the scalp.

For what it's worth, I've gotten medical advice *not* to pop pimples of any kind, because doing so can in effect push the infectious material into the bloodstream....but again, your doctor can fill you in. I believe the ideal treatment is warm cloth until they subside on their own.

Benjamin

this will always be a debate. I have heard from a warm compress to gently popping it from HT docs and dermatologists. With the amount of pimples that I got and the fact that they remained for up to two weeks (if I left alone), I went the popping route. The pimples were gone and unnoticeable almost instantly.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

post opp for the first month i was covered in spots horrable whiteheads and also red spots all over my face was not nice already looking like a burn victim on my head i looked even worse, i was told this is commmen after surgery and to drink more water, it cleared up after a month but while using monixodil i still get the odd few, arround the hairline and top forhead

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Petchski,

I agree with Eman - if you're not getting them, be happy. Not everyone gets scalp pimples, though those that do have an indication that activity exists underneath the scalp.

But just because you don't have pimples doesn't mean your follicles are any less alive and kicking.

Hang in there my friend :-).

Bill

I had tons on my first HT but i haven't experienced a single one on my second. UNFORTUNATELY.

I just love popping those babies on the mirror, but then again i am a demented freak, so what to expect? icon_razz.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Thanks Bill/M.T.D

I have had one recently in my recipient, felt kinda bruised on my head. Had quite a few on my donor area though, scratched it and felt something running, I was sure it would be blood, but no, clear liquid, otherwise puss.

Happy growing and healing guys

I use at needle also and gently squeeze it. This is sometimes the best way to reduce the tension/infection/abscess immediately.

The point is to be very gentle and squeeze not to hard as it may create a scar. Even if the pus is not removed, the small hole created by the needle will leave an opening for the pus or hair to get out.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley