tricophytic closure scar (FUT)

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could give me a decent tip in regards to scar following FUT procedure that uses tricophytic closure.

At this point of time, that's the only reason why I've decided against confirming an appointment following numerous deliberations.

Will I be able to sport a bald/shaven head down the line without visible scars if say, my HT failed or I continued losing hair?

No procedure is scarless, particularly with a bald and completely shaved head.

Scar tissue is inevitable for any wound the body heals.

But a good surgeon can marginalize and camouflage a scar.

With a strip procedure, if the closure is done by a competent physician, you should be able to sport short hair with no issues, not a bald head, but short hair.

With FUE you can also sport short hair and sometimes a buzz cut if the scars are cooperative, but a bald head will reveal those scars as well, in the form of lots of white dots across the back of your naked scalp.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I have seen some good scars with the trico method and some bad ones. The good ones have hair growing through the scar and a good job hiding it. The bad ones have the hair coming through and growing at mis-angled directions.

So the surgeon must be good and skillful with this type of closure and you want to see as many examples of it as possible.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

There is a lot of voodoo to scar closure in FUT. A lot of it comes down to it the surgeon's experience and what they are comfortable with. I'm not convinced that sutures are any better than Staples. A lot of the best closures I see are with Staples. It might help to ask the doctor you are talking with if you can see photos of some of his scars or to ask to talk to some of his former FUT patients.

All he provided was a clip of him running comb through patient's hair. I mean, that guy could've never had HT done!
Who is he? Context is needed.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

It really comes down to doctor skill and experience along with good patient physiology.

You can have the best skill in the world yet if the individual has issues with physiology such as heals with a raised scar, then the outcome will not be good.

On the other hand, if the patient has good physiology and the surgeon has great skills in closure, then the outcome of the scar should be a good one.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Have you tried a buzzed hair style? You might look good with a short hair style.

Gillenator