Allergic to Minoxidil? Advice needed.

ace83

Hi all,

About 10 years ago i used Minoxidil for the first time. During that time I developed a rash and got a very itchy scalp and forehead. I was then put on PG free Minoxidil and this seemed to work fine with no side effects and was able to used it for about 6 years until I had stopped.

About 2 months ago I have decided to use Minoxidil again, the same formula that is PG free. This time though I am developing a rash,and itchy scalp and pimples on forehead again. Why would this happen if it didn't happen last time I used it?

The doctor is now making me a new formula that is PG free and without Retinoic Acid. Do you think this will help and is it safe as im worried about getting these rashes again?

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have now tried the PG free and no retinoic acid minoxidil 7 % and I am still getting red skin,itchyness and small pimples.

Does this mean I have become allergic to minoxidil or is it to strong for me? Or has my skin become sensitive because i have had 3 HT in that area?

I'm having the same issues. I used rogaine foam for a few years with no side effects. I tried lipogaine and then perfect hair. I got irritated, dry skin with pimples. I stopped using it for about a month. Things cleared up. I then tried rogaine foam again and I have the same irritation.

I started using min foam and had no sides for over 1 year.

Recent i did add lipo min 1 time at night but unsure if this was the cause of my scalp irritation.

I now use min foam 1 time per day i put it on late afternoon time all over my head.

I noticed the less i itch my scalp the better it gets when i itch it there is dead skin falling off like it has got dry only from this one area of the scalp.

Also if i itch it then when i do put min on and it touches that area it stings.

I think it's best to reduce min use, don't itch or use comb and try nizarol to see if it clears up.

• 1 month later...

I tried minoxidil with no alcohol. It seemed to be working better with a bit of itchiness and skin not looking the best. but the other day I noticed a vein was sticking out on my forehead. Would this be from the minoxidil and is it dangerous to carry on?

i personally decided to stop using the foam, i used it for 3 years, and find no benefit from it, all i got is very oily hair every other day, i take propecia and feel your benefit from that the same as minoxidil