2 Surgeries - still bald spot. Looking for options.

I had 2 surgeries (one with a strip taken out and one FUE) with Dr. Rahaul a few years ago. While the surgery looks excellent from the front, I still have a bald spot 2" diameter on my crown. Rahaul did not think I had enough donor hair left to fill in the bald spot. I wear a hair system to cover it but the maintenance is a pain and I'm always worried about people seeing it.

Are there any other surgical options I have? I'm really bumbed out. I saw an ad in the airplane magazine about some new technique of extracting hair or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

To me it still looks like I have a decent amount of hair on the sides of my head. I was thinking of doing a local NeoGraft doctor. I don't know much about Neograft but it got good online reviews.

I don't have a lot of body hair.

I had 2 surgeries (one with a strip taken out and one FUE) with Dr. Rahaul a few years ago. While the surgery looks excellent from the front, I still have a bald spot 2" diameter on my crown. Rahaul did not think I had enough donor hair left to fill in the bald spot. I wear a hair system to cover it but the maintenance is a pain and I'm always worried about people seeing it.

Are there any other surgical options I have? I'm really bumbed out. I saw an ad in the airplane magazine about some new technique of extracting hair or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

For what it's worth....after two good FUT's I still had a bald spot on crown about 3" diameter. I didn't want another FUT. Went to Dr ,James Harris for a no-shave FUE. Very good experience. Based on prior HT's I think it'll look good. I'm 2.5 months post-op, so, no where near being able to judge final results.

Agree with staying away from neograft unless you research carefully. Often times offered by MD,'s that don't specialize in HT's , which are the only ones you should ever consider.

Stay away from the robotic and automated FUE procedures, the ones that promote them and pay for ads in national publications are the ones who have already made the capital investment and have a lot to lose.

Manual FUE is much better for the patient.

As for the crown, most tend to say it's a black hole no matter how many grafts you pour into it's impossible to restore perfectly.

Some other options are to grow the hair long in the vertex and style it back to cover the spot or also SMP could be another solution.

If you have some grafts left, SMP plus a small modest FUE procedure done by manual FUE could provide some improvement.

good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The article that you saw was probably regarding FUE which is done by extraction whether by robotic or manual methods.

I agree that the crown can be tricky and does tend to open up with further progressive loss. The challenge with restoring the crown is that it can demand such a large percent of ones' available donor supply.

If you do not have much body hair, what about beard hair along with a mix of SMP as hsrp10 suggested?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

What hair style do you maintain? A concealer may work for you or the possibility of micropigmentation if you keep short hair.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016