Shock loss of previously transplanted hair

Hi, I had my second surgery in September, around 1100 grafts to thicken up hairline and add a little bit on the sides of the forehead. Before that I had 1400 grafts in hairline in 2015. After second surgery I noticed that I have shock loss of previously TRANSPLANTED hair only on the left side of my hairline. It is around 6 months from my second surgery and I still haven't recovered from shock loss. In that area previously transplanted hair was thick and black (my hair is blonde), but now it's thinner, whiter and there are some gaps. My newly transplanted hair has grown 70% on all other ares expect in that area were I experienced shock loss of hair from first transplant. In that area has grown only around 30% percent of new grafts.

Can someone tell me what is happening and what could it be, please?

That's a tough one to respond to.

Do you have any photos of your hair just before your last procedure and a current one?

How much native hair was there and could it be possible that the shock is native hair and not the grafts from the first procedure?

Still, it's early and sometimes it can take a little longer for the shocked hair to recover.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

There wasn't any native hair, before my first procedure that area was bald, so I am sure that the shocked hair was transplanted.

Do you think that in some cases it takes longer then 6 months to recover?

PHOTOS - lest side of hairline, red mole can help to compare better

BEFORE SECOND PROCEDURE

IMG_5199.jpg

2 WEEKS AGO (almost 6 months after second procedure)

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

I am looking into something like this. And just need a bit of help understanding these types of issues.

I can't really tell from the photos what you are talking about.

Is it the sides of the hairline on the forehead that is changing between the two procedure dates?

Any help for an untrained eye would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

It's the left side of my hairline,red mole above . Before second procedure there was more transplanted hair. After second procedure there is less transplanted hair from first procedure and that hair is weaker.

I think shock loss from transection etc is a real possibility depending on which doctor performed the procedure and the tools and techniques used.

Who was your surgeon btw?

Hopefully it'll turn out as temporary shock loss but take careful pics each month to monitor it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I hope that is not shock loss from transection because I had my hairline also lowered for 1 cm. On that left side, below old transplanted there was bald area without any transplanted hair and in that area only 30 % of newly transplants have grown so far. In other areas I have much better growth so far. So in that area it can't be transaction because there was not any hair. Also, also one row of old transplanted hair where they didn't put new transplants is shocked.

Basically, there is a area of my skin where new transplants struggle to grow and old are shocked and in some places it can't be from transection because new grafts are far from old grafts and aren't between them.

My surgeon was from Serbia, my countrry. She did very hood job with my first procedure. I have had posted results on this forum.

Nekk,

I can see where the new grafts are growing just below your first hairline.

Although I can't really notice the shock loss that you are concerned with, I would wait it out a full 12-15 months post-op and then see how things look with a fully matured result.

The work you had done looks very good to me...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY