another plastic surgeon

hi all

next week i'm visiting a second plastic surgeon to discuss about hair multiplication and laser methods for hair retrieval. that is after two hair transplants with unsatisfactory results, the purpose of which was thickening but ended up with all of my existing natural hair fall off.

anything i should have in mind?

Here is free advice, so take it for what its worth.

1. If you are seeing a plastic surgeon, make sure its someone who does alot of hair. As a facial plastic surgeon, you can't just dabble in hair. You need a production line of trained techs and that takes a commitment from the doctor; not just to do some small hair cases once in a while. There are relatively few of us plastic surgeons doing alot of hair; so make sure you consider non plastic surgeons doing only hair too. (ie--Hair transplant docs like on this and other hair sites)

2. If someone starts talking about hair multiplication and laser retrieval to you, see another doctor.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

sea of possibilities,

Be careful! Some clinics are making bold claims that they're already utilizing hair multiplication technology. Yet, there's no real evidence to suggest they're successfully duplicating and transplanting cloned follicles into balding patients' scalps.

Hair multiplication is currently being developed and tested but has not yet been released to the public. Though I'm optimistic that this technology will indeed be available to balding men and women in the future, if and when it will be released as an effective hair loss treatment is unknown.

Best wishes,

Bill

Saifudheen, if it has been 20 days since your HT, you can safely rub shampoo into your transplanted area. After 2+ weeks, your grafts are securely in place, and rubbing shampoo won't dislodge or hurt them in any way.

I used baby shampoo for exactly 30 days post HT. Many doctors prescribe using baby shampoo for that period of time, although some doctors prescribe it for a lesser period.