New hairline by Dr. Feriduni (1706 FUE)

JRCore17

Dear community,

I am happy to share my personal experience with Dr. Feriduni end of January 2017.

I really like reading this website and as I found many posts regarding lack of patient reviews for Dr. Feriduni I am pleased to be able to offer you some insight.

I will try to keep my post as short as possible to provide you with the most important information.

My hairloss:

It started at the age of 19 with a receding hairline (I am 33 now). I have been using minoxidil 5% and finasteride since 10 years. Slight miniaturisation on the vertex developed and receding progressed to NW3 over the years but no dramatic change.

Consultation:

Dr. Feriduni is really a great person. Very knowledgable and still moderate. Easy to get along with. I have had another consultation with a different recommended physician before, but I felt much more confident with Dr. Feriduni. He gives you a great insight and has a great talent for hairlines.

My goal was to reinforce my hairline. I wanted to stay conservative and minimize the risks for the procedure. Furthermore, a slightly receding hairline fits well to my facial features. Dr. Feriduni had the same in mind and directly nailed a great hairline design. So we finally agreed on 1600 - 1800 grafts.

Surgery:

Started early at 7:30 pm. Extractions were performed by Dr. Feriduni and an experienced technician. Incisions by Dr. Feriduni and implantation by 2 technicians were fast. A last hairline round with Dr. Feriduni and 1 technician in "stick and place" technique was performed. We were finished at around 2pm. 1706 grafts were finally placed.

Accomodation:

I stayed at the guesthouse provided by the clinic. A very beautifully equipped modern house in the calm neighbourhood of the clinic. As I stayed there alone at the weekend I got a room upgrade and had the whole house for myself. It was a great stay for me. A taxi was provided by Dr. Feriduni for the day of surgery.

Post-op:

Had a hair wash on Saturday and Monday by the clinic and a final appointment with Dr. Feriduni. Everything was fine. The surgery itself was without any problems, graft quality was voted 9/10.

Coming back home, one starts getting a little paranoid about details, but in general there were no issues. I stayed at home most of the time (first 2 weeks), but was not shy to go in the supermarket or a restaurant without a hat. Scabbing was the most irritating part, but with using the hair spray solution provided by the clinic there was no itching.

I got rid of the scabs on day 12/13 by putting on shampoo (provided by clinic) for 40min and showering afterwards.

I nearly kept all of the grafts after losing my scabs and there is nearly no redness seen. Donor area is flawless.

I am in my third week now and continously shedding the grafts. I have started applying minoxidil foam 2xday since day 15.

Medications/supplement:

- Rogaine foam 2xday

- Finasteride 1.75 mg/day

- Vitamins (provided by clinic) and "Pillfood" supplement 3xday

- MSM 1200 2 x day

- Biotin 10mg/day

What I learned/recommendations:

- there is a difference in the punch outer diameter for the same punch size provided by different companies. So a 0.8 punch may lead to a different size of wounds depending of the company that produces the punch.

- I did not drink much the morning of the surgery as I knew I will get some i.v. saline solution. So I had to use the washing room just once. Avoid coffee!

- really give your best to stay calm and try not to move during surgery. Giving my best to keep the surgery as short as possible was important for me.

- Drink a lot after surgery, at least 1.5l water. It helps getting rid of the swelling earlier.

I will update you about my progress in the following weeks. As everyone knows it is a rollercoaster ride of feelings during the process, sometimes with doubts about the outcome, sometimes optimistic.

I am very happy and thankful for the effort by Dr. Feriduni and his great staff. I always felt reassured and had a truly great experience with the team. I am a physician myself and therefore provided with some deeper insights in the medical field, nevertheless I am still really astounded how orchestrated the procedure went and how detailed the hair placement turned out.

So let us see how it will develop in the coming months.

Edited by JRCore17

Hey JRCore17,

I'm really pleased you had a good experience and it was nice to hear from you recently. I will look forward to reading about your progress.

Chris

Online Patient Advisor for Dr. Bijan Feriduni, Coalition Member

My opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent that of Dr. Feriduni's.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I really like reading this website and as I found many posts regarding lack of patient reviews for Dr. Feriduni I am pleased to be able to offer you some insight.

Congrats man glad someone finally posted a patient experience from Feriduni after a long while lol

The work looks clean and refined (would like to see some graft placement pics if possible) and should make for a great result.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi mate

Nice write up and all looking good!

I too had a procedure 3 years ago with Dr f and agree you could not wish to meet a nicer person then him! He is extremely nice,polite and very personable and indeed does produce IMHO some of the most natural hair lines in the industry!!! You lucked out getting extractions done by dr f it's not that often he does the extractions although for some he does and others he doesn't! ! He didn't extract any of my grafts but that didn't affect my growth or outcome! !!

Looking forward to following your result,you have good hair characteristics by the looks of it and I'm sure you will get a great result!!

Is dr f now providing accommodation? When I went the recommended a hotel which was nice but had no option of a house??

Hi hairshopeing,

yes, Dr. Feriduni performed 50% of the extractions. His technicians are very skilled, too. I think one of his strength is his experienced team. They are not anonymous, but also presented on his website.

The guesthouse has just been offered recently, I think.

As I could travel by car I took some beverages and food with me for my stay. There is a fully equipped kitchen inside for cooking. There is also a nice little garden attached.

IMG_1923.thumb.jpg.3ccc027a58a1d185f1bac4a6f16602aa.jpg

Nice!!

I would have liked Dr f to extract of I'm honest but it seems sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't, just would of made me less anxious in the waiting stages! ! But all came out good! You made a good choice of dr!!

I shaved mine down for the first 12 months so growth loomed even and actually liked having a shaved head with a new hairline! I wI'll shave Down again in the summer!!

Today marks exactly 3 weeks after my hair transplant.

Entered the ugly duckling phase now.

I have developed shock-loss in the central forelock area which was mapped without signs of miniaturisation before the surgery.

Furthermore I lost around 40% of the implanted grafts.

5b32f1fb23a17_Napkin17-02-178_06_35AM.png.318c0a0927f9c31891114ab8b79a93e5.png

• 2 months later...

I am at week 15 now. So far there has only been very sparse growth. I am behind the curve regarding growth compared to comparable cases which makes me slightly worried. Thought I would be further in the process at this time-point. Let?s see how it will turn out. I will post some new pictures at the end of month 4.

I am at week 15 now. So far there has only been very sparse growth. I am behind the curve regarding growth compared to comparable cases which makes me slightly worried. Thought I would be further in the process at this time-point. Let?s see how it will turn out. I will post some new pictures at the end of month 4.

Hi, don't worry you are only 15 weeks in!! I had my FUT HT with Dr Feriduni just over a year ago, you're right he's the nicest guy and his staff are excellent too!!

I didn't show much growth by the 4 month stage, but by Month 7 most of the finished result was more or less there!! In my opinion Dr Feriduni is the best in Europe. Here's a few pics:

IMG_3076.thumb.jpg.ada835fa1ba611fdec898901bd5953c8.jpg

IMG_3083.thumb.jpg.9cd04f485ca5f80d34f9da3c39a7b9c2.jpg

IMG_4070.thumb.jpg.24ccd4ae1d5fa21b4188bf018b105310.jpg

IMG_8264.thumb.jpg.09a86b9a11be2b4e7a690c3f67fd04d2.jpg

Great results! You are right, I should be more optimistic. But the wait is really tough...

Thanks, I'm over the moon, but I think you just need to try to and get on with life, it goes so quick!! Before you know it you'll be looking back thinking what was I worrying about, my hair looks great!!

And I know, regardless of whatever anybody says, it won't stop you looking in the mirror 50 times a day and that won't slow as time goes by, it's not insecurity, it's more a reassurance that you made a great decision having a HT!!

As the saying goes 'good things come to those who wait' so chill, relax and enjoy!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

there were some great improvements of my hairline in the last weeks. This is why I want do update with some progress pictures after 5 months. I am very happy with the recent development. There are still some smaller hairs emerging from the skin and many have some room for further thickening. Feel free to ask any questions!

5b32f4899770b_Napkin29-06-1710_09_07AM.jpg.1e40d9059a503949bf1e1dd431ebe10e.jpg

5b32f489b1569_Napkin29-06-1710_10_08AM.jpg.2e5358c4abb54bc687805b80d05b8330.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent progress - try and be patient!!! I was quite a slow grower and my FUE peaked at around 15 months!

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

• 2 months later...

Dear forum members,

I want to give you a small update on my progress at 8.5 months.

I am thrilled with the development so far!

My hairline has taken a great shape, and I am delighted with the hairline design and its naturalness. I am very thankful for the great and detailed work of Dr. Feriduni and his team.

I am happy I followed his advice regarding the overall design and the naturalness of the growth is what strikes most.

Regarding the very smooth experience, I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Feel free to answer any further question.

Best Regards