Deciding on Dr

VJ76

I am a 40 year physician in the Central Valley , CA -

I had a FUT 2300 grafts done to the frontal area June 2009 by Quatela , NY

I am considering a FUE vs FT - I have a 2 week down time- however would prefer my colleagues and patients dont know that I have gone for a hair transplant - which would be better

The Drs I have zeroed in are

Dr Diep

Gabal Center

Dr Diep - the advantage is a 2 hr drive vs a 2 hr flight.

Any other Physicians that would be recommended ? I am ok to travel within US

Thanks

First of all you have to do your research and determine which is best for your case FUE or FUT.

Then after that you can determine which FUT or FUE surgeon are the top ones in each field. This is something you're going to have to do on your own.

Some doctors such as Dr. Konior in Chicago perform both types of procedures with excellent results.

Both Dr. Diep and Dr. Gabel are excellent docs btw.

Also post some pics and let us know the goals of your second procedure. Aggressive, slight density boost, vertex area only etc.

If you grow your hair long FUT would be Ok for shorter downtime, IF you don't need to lift weights or do heavy excecise post-op.

Oh, and Dr Gabel and Dr. Konior do extremely clean work so my money would be on those two surgeons for reducing the duration of post-op redness.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I am a 40 year physician in the Central Valley , CA -

I had a FUT 2300 grafts done to the frontal area June 2009 by Quatela , NY

I am considering a FUE vs FT - I have a 2 week down time- however would prefer my colleagues and patients dont know that I have gone for a hair transplant - which would be better

The Drs I have zeroed in are

Dr Diep

Gabal Center

Dr Diep - the advantage is a 2 hr drive vs a 2 hr flight.

Any other Physicians that would be recommended ? I am ok to travel within US

Thanks

Of your list I can personally recommend Gabel, he did two of my three transplants, super professional and personable, cares about his patients, has competitive pricing for a top tier surgeon. He was trained by Dr. Konior, who is a very well respected physician and Gablel by extension is as well, and Gabel has of course in his own right become renowned for good and consistent work.

PM me if you want to chat about my experience more personally.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Of your list I can personally recommend Gabel, he did two of my three transplants, super professional and personable, cares about his patients, has competitive pricing for a top tier surgeon, and was trained by Dr. Konior, who is a very well respected physician and Gablel by extension is as well, and Gabel has of course in his own right become renowned for good and consistent work.

PM me if you want to chat about my experience more personally.

Heelo speegs,

I did not know Gabel was trained by Konior. In that case I do agree that from the list he would be the best doctor for the job.

Heelo speegs,

I did not know Gabel was trained by Konior. In that case I do agree that from the list he would be the best doctor for the job.

I've gone to him twice, so I'd have been dumb to return had I not been very pleased.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• Administrators

I have personal experience with both, I consulted with Dr. Gabel last march in person, I have to say he spent around 2.5 hours with me throughly evaluating my donor, ultimately he said the work I got done was good and I should return to the original doctor who coincidentally was Dr. Diep, IMO you can't go wrong with either doctor, both doctors do FUE and FUT, however if I was to have FUT I would probably go to Gabel if I were to do FUE I would go to Diep.

Best thing you can do is reach out to past patients and look up reviews, you'll be hard pressed to find negative things about Gabel, some negative things about Diep, but I will say there is no denying Diep gets good consistent results, he did a great job on me I couldn't be happier. Nevertheless, research, consult with both, compare prices, distance, availability, reviews etc, then decide from there.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.