Minoxidill Post HT Questions

Goblin82

Hi, I'm considering minoxidill and I've just had hair transplant but got some questions if anyone can help;

If I stop if, could my existing or newly transplanted hair shed or just what it's grown?

Is the side effect of a bloated face rare? The surgeon recommended the foam rather than the liquid. I assume it goes away fairly quickly once you stop it?

Thank you in advance!

• Administrators

The hairs that shed on minoxidil are miniaturized hairs, so the transplanted hair would not be at risk. However, any hair that minoxidil wa maintaining would be lost and that could impact your overall appearance. The face bloating is a rare side effect but it can occur, in my personal experience I found the liquid to be more effective than the foam, however the foam is more convenient.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for your reply.

Does minoxidill only grow miniaturised hairs and help maintain my existing non transplanted hair which both could shed if I stop it?

Is it practical to apply twice a day without greasing hair? It will be easy as the minute as it's shaved but thinking six months down the line when I have a decent head of hair!