Are body hair transplants a real thing and how does strip donor work?

In brief I'm at a stage now where after a decade of small-medium multi procedures cheaply done with average results nothing spectacular but which I am fairly content with I'm now facing planning my last ever procedure.

I have previously had 4 strip ht done of 250graft, 1500 graft, 1000 graft, 1000 graft done and a fue of 1000 grafts.

One thing I have never understood and my big question here is in regards to the finite nature of head donor hair from the safe zone,.......when people on here refer to strip supply being finite what do they mean exactly? Once the donor hair in one strip is supposedly finished, can the doc not just cut another strip lower down in the safe area at the back of the head?

Im planning a last strip procedure and after so much donor hair (assuming previous surgeons were honest)being used already im guessing i have little left in the existing strip

Please advise

Edited by iwokeuptoabaldpatch

• 2 weeks later...

You only have so many thousand donor hairs left before the entire back of your head starts to look extremely depleted (or thinned out).

You will need to post pics of all your 4 HT's, but it sounds like you got bad results all the way through. You also need to find a really good clinic so you can utilize your last grafts as best as possible (depending on your Norwood, I would say you dont have many grafts left)

My user name is Iwokeuptoabaldpatch.......not snakeoilbuyer.....

Why all of a sudden after my being on here 5 years and contributing to help others. Has my user name and post count been changed to a new insulting user name and 1 post account?

In previous years mods like bill and spex were mature sober people. Clearly some ignorant infantile troll is in charge and behind this probably seething with jealousy and fury that I have been on here longer than he has, so therefore the fuhrer shall demote him

FYI the "snake oil" previous doctor used to be one of the approved HTN dr's.

Secondly not all of us are obsessed with hair, we come here sparingly we contribute we go and over some years we forget things we knew previously about HT's as we aren't obsessed with them.Also body HT are a thing I thought may have evolved and so I wanted clarification .

Maybe my question was overly basic but I just wanted clarification and im always polite. Now ive had a look at the FAQ and got all my answers. But this idiot mod can go F himself pathetic loser. I wont bother posting here any longer with such a moron in charge. Nice work losing an older member :-) a shame for guys like bill, spex, gillenator etc who are fair patient guys not an unstable troll

• Moderators

The user name iwokeuptoabaldpatch still exists. You can tell that by viewing the public profile. It looks to me like the member made a 2nd account in November 2012, but never actually posted with it. He may have forgotten that he even created it by now. I'm guessing he typed in the old password (or perhaps it was still saved in his browser prefs) and signed on to snakeoilbuyer without realizing it.

That's my guess from looking at both profiles.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

My user name is Iwokeuptoabaldpatch.......not snakeoilbuyer.....

Why all of a sudden after my being on here 5 years and contributing to help others. Has my user name and post count been changed to a new insulting user name and 1 post account?

In previous years mods like bill and spex were mature sober people. Clearly some ignorant infantile troll is in charge and behind this probably seething with jealousy and fury that I have been on here longer than he has, so therefore the fuhrer shall demote him

FYI the "snake oil" previous doctor used to be one of the approved HTN dr's.

Secondly not all of us are obsessed with hair, we come here sparingly we contribute we go and over some years we forget things we knew previously about HT's as we aren't obsessed with them.Also body HT are a thing I thought may have evolved and so I wanted clarification .

Maybe my question was overly basic but I just wanted clarification and im always polite. Now ive had a look at the FAQ and got all my answers. But this idiot mod can go F himself pathetic loser. I wont bother posting here any longer with such a moron in charge. Nice work losing an older member :-) a shame for guys like bill, spex, gillenator etc who are fair patient guys not an unstable troll

Well, for starters, I can assure you that no one has changed your user name. As Behappy has already pointed out, the account iwokeuptoabaldpatch is still alive a kicking.

You have somehow logged into another account created in 2012 and never used. I have checked the email addresses used to create each account and they are different. The baldpatch account was created with an @hotmail.co.uk address. The other was created with an @hotmail.com address.

If you have forgotten the credentials to your original account you can use the forgot password option on the log in page. If that is not working for you I can alert our webmaster.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website