Afraid of propecia

Jingo

Altough ill probably loose the rest of my native hair, im still very afraid of going to try propecia.

I stay confused has how many highlly doctors recomend it knowing the potential side effects on in, some say it only affects some percent of the people, but people who take it, arent you afraid of what could happen to your organism?

I really cant decide..icon_frown.gif

Altough ill probably loose the rest of my native hair, im still very afraid of going to try propecia.

I stay confused has how many highlly doctors recomend it knowing the potential side effects on in, some say it only affects some percent of the people, but people who take it, arent you afraid of what could happen to your organism?

I really cant decide..icon_frown.gif

I was really reluctant to use it too. The thought of the side effects really scared me. But, after spending the cash on the HT, I figured I'd better do all I could to keep what I've got. I started using it a week after my procedure and I've been on it now for 5 weeks. So far, so good. I haven't noticed any problems yet. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I agree with what others have said here. Give it a try. Most likely you'll be fine and if you have a reaction just discontinue use.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Jingo,

Im a 25 year old male, that has been taking this medication for 4 years and have never experienced any side effects. I hear you regarding your concerns regarding them but studies show that only 2% of users suffer from these effects. Just take the people on this forum as guinea pigs. Almost everybody uses it.

Also, Im guessing that your info regarding irreversable side effects, have came from some internet search engine, and have been in the minority. Is this just one persons experience or more? Whilst he/they argue this, it is some doctors arguements that this is not possible. The chemicals inside the drug leave the body before any long term effects can take place. That it is a mental issue. Just like many sexually related issues, often the main cause of effect is the mind. This is where the problem must be cured. Therefore they believe that those patients who claim to have such effects, suffer this issue mentally as opposed to being medically related.

Also, please understand that you could research any drug on the pharmecutical market, that are used for any and every problem. And for sure, if you search online for side effects, you will find somebody who has experienced intense negative effects that are longer term.

Ultimately, the decision is yours and I understand that it is a very personal and difficult one, but we are here to help, and my advice: If you are very serious about hairloss prevention, which I can see you are. You should try this approved medication. If you do realise any side effects, then stop.

My thoughts on many internet searches, are that whilst I believe these effects occur on these individuals, you must remain realistic. Not everybody who drinks becomes an alcoholic. Plus, consider that if you were to search hairloss on the internet, and you found many "miracle cures", as Im sure you would. Just because a few individuals comment that 6 hours after rubbing a sharks fin on their scalp, they had thick hair down to their ankles. Would you believe them?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

ralph i aprettiate your opinion and most of you say its true, almost everybody here uses it, ill try and if a have some real side effects, ill leave it!

BTW, does the medication worked for u in 4 years? im asking this because you toook it very young and this medication is said to be good for young patients in hearly hair loss!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been taking Finasteride now for about two months now with NO SIDE EFFECTS. In fact my Libido has been better and with stronger erections, and this is with the original thought that the opposite would happen! Call me an exception I don't know; but I have yet to experience and other side effects I have read about.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I am a bit late of this string, but I have been taking propecia since 1998 when I was 20. I have had no side effects. It was something that I was concerned about at first because I was 20 and single and the major potential side effect 'ED' scared me at the age. But - no issues.

Try it out, it you like the results after 5-6 months keep it. If not drop it. If you are balding and do not want to take it, I think that at least 75% of the people on this forum would probably agree to wait until you lose the rest and have a HT if you have enough remaining donor area. But it is worth a shot.

John

Dont use Propecia!! I used it for 6 months and i noticed my penis would not stay hard enough to have sex. My Girlfriend also noticed. My semen was just like clear water now and sensativity has gone out the window. I hope its not to late for me. It cost me my relationship.

DONT USE THIS DRUG ITS IMMORAL FOR DOCTORS TO PRESCRIBE IT. ITS MENT FOR OLD MEN WITH ENLARGED PROSTATE NOT YOUNG MEN WHO MAY HAVE A PLAN FOR A FAMILY OR WANT TO ENJOY THERE SEX LIFE FOR THE NEXT 30 YEARS... This is my opinion only im not qualified in this field but suffering from side effects. This drug will push you over the edge! Believe me it will be banned soon form being perscribed by HT Doctors and surgeons!!!

Also i feel that if you do concieve a child while on this drug it may present complications to a male forming in the female womb. How would you feel if you were to be a Dad and your son was born with abnormal defects to his reproductive organs. Not a nice thing to bestow on a person. Not enough investagation has been done on this drug. Time will tell!

Hallo - I'm sorry to hear of your experience with propecia. Plenty of guys on here use it with no noticeable side effects. I have to say that I haven't experienced dramatically obvious side effects like you described but I do sometimes feel concerned about the possible long term risks.

Hopefully other guys who have had sides will chime in to say that they wore off when they stopped taking the drugs. This is mainly what I have read on the subject.

Again, all the best.

Side effects eh? So knowone on this forum smokes, drinks, takes drugs etc. Howe many on this forum are overwright? Yeah there are some side effects with propecia apparently, none that i have come across from taking it.

Hey Calv,

Yes, it is still working for me. Keep in mind that although they say 5 or 6 months, it really takes a year to see full results. Almost as it would after receiving a HT.

I hope this helps.

Hallo,

It sounds like you are one of the very few percentile that receive the side effects. I am sorry to hear that. It is less than 2% of people, and I have been on it for almost 11 years. It helps my hair and I have not had any side effects. I have been married for almost nine years and our love life is great too. So, to those who do not know if it would work for them - try it. If it works and no side effects - God bless it. If you have side effects way the pluses and negatives and make a decision.

John