When is it safe to start using medicated shampoos?

I know the answer is "ask your doctor" (3rd postop week for me). But I'm curious about what different clinics recommend when it comes to medicated shampoos like keto, coal tar, steroid shampoos post surgery?

I may start a thread to aggregate post op instructions from different clinics if people are interested.

Edited by KO

You want to be very careful with Nizoral use post HT based on my own experience and some of the threads Spex and others have also made about it.

If you have a scalp issue that necessitates it then use it very sparingly only.

As for the general advice I think after 1 month you should be Ok using the lesser evils out there (head & shoulders etc).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Btw T-sal and salicylic acid based shampoos may be another one to stay off of for many months post HT, I have an email from Dr. Hasson many years ago that warned against using it early on.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 3 weeks later...

I used a small amount of a combo of T-gel and t-Sal shampoo to battle some dry scalp and psoriasis about a month post op. Probably about 5 times over the course of 2 weeks.

I will stop, but should I be concerned that I damaged the grafts?