Hair transplant featured on National Geographic channel, Mon 19th Dec

Okay, so I am cringing already as watching myself (I hate my accent and that I'm giggling like a teenage girl) :o .. but what the heck, I may as well share.

So as I mentioned in my HT thread, my HT was filmed. I didn't post specifics at the time, but it was for a documentary series called Explorer that airs on National Geographic. The show airs Mondays at 10 pm EST and tonight's show (Mon 19th December) is the episode that features myself and another client at Asmed in Turkey.

The Explorer website already has a clip online at Vain Man - Explorer Video - National Geographic Channel and I think that this is possibly the majority of footage that will air as each episode normally covers 3 subjects (this one is male vanity/insecurity) and typically the recorded footage is normally around 7-8 mins followed by panel discussion in the studio. I understand that after filming the crew went to Germany to meet someone having his manhood enlarged :D so I am guessing that will make up the other half of the 'male insecurity' segment.

Enjoy! :)

That's way cool you could have your HT experience documented and "immortalized" like that.

I watched the short clip online, congrats.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks guys. I watched last nights show and essentially the only bit missing from the clip NatGeo posted online

yesterday was a slightly longer intro when Peter Segal talks about various aspects of male vanity and and an extra 20 seconds or so of me chatting at the end. Hopefully when they upload a clip to their YouTube channel (which they tend to do several days later) it might be the whole HT segment that aired.

Edited by JustJax

There was a short clip of a man walking around with just the headband and not covering the grafts at all. Wouldn't the sun be cooking his grafts?

Also off topic, but you said you're gay in the video. How did Turkey seem for LGBT people, as that was the main thing keeping me away from going there for surgery.

There was a short clip of a man walking around with just the headband and not covering the grafts at all. Wouldn't the sun be cooking his grafts?

Quite possibly, I've read estimates of 350+ clinics offering HT in Istanbul so you have to wonder if those going to a low end, super cheap even get proper post surgery advice, also some people are just naive about the seriousness of what they have just had done. A personal trainer I use to train with had a HT in Istanbul last month and 2 days later, he was Snapchatting himself out in a bar, out sightseeing on a sunny day with no cap, etc.

Also off topic, but you said you're gay in the video. How did Turkey seem for LGBT people, as that was the main thing keeping me away from going there for surgery.

To be honest I wouldn't let that put you off if your sole purpose is to go for a HT. With Asmed for example you'll get picked up at the airport, taken straight to the hotel and after that you never have to see anyone other than hotel or clinic staff if you choose. In terms of how LGBT are treated in Turkish society as a whole I can't really comment as I didn't really venture out much other than for some filming for Nat Geo. From my understanding Istanbul is more liberal and cosmopolitan than other parts of Turkey.