White / yellow around the implant

frankdatank

Hello,

I'm on day 3 post op. Last night I noticed about 50% of the implants have white or yellow around them. I am very concerned and am awaiting a call back from the doctor.

Is that normal?

They look just like what is seen in this thread on post #19

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181406-1600-grafts-dr-lorenzo-johnny2000-2.html

At this stage the scabs have formed and all the dots would look black. But before this happens the skin around the hair can look white or pinkish. Yellow discolouration is unusual. Just make sure they are not infected and have no yellow/green discharge.

Try contacting the clinic where you had your HT.

Best of luck

sultsay

I think you will be just fine but I would send your doctor the picture you attached here. You can see pictures of my first 30 days after surgery (and beyond) at MyFUEhairtransplant.com It may give you some perspective going forward.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Are you taking an antibiotic? What are you using to wash with? This does not look normal. I would contact the clinic.

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC

If you are close to your clinic, call them and ask if they can see you. Do they do a one week clean up? If you just started antibiotics it can take a little while to get them in your system. You might call them back and ask if you can do a "loading" dose. I am not a fan of baby shampoo. Ask the clinic if they can recommend something else. We provide a gentle cleanser but you can't buy it in the stores. Rinsing is a good thing. Keep in touch with your clinic!

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC