Considering FUT with Dr. John Diep

Fizac

Hello members,

I am a Junior member here and want your valuable thoughts on my decision. I am considering FUT with Dr. John Diep. Originally the plan was to go with FUE, but due to the price and waiting time (close to 4 month) I am inclined to go with FUT. I have seen Dr. Diep's work (most of them are FUE) and he has good results with curly hair (I am African descent).

I would appreciate your knowledgeable suggestion and recommendation. Thank you!

Edited by Tewodrinho

I don't know, some of his older FUT videos look nasty and we've discussed this here on HRN.

He's very good at FUE though.

If price is an issue for FUE surgery try to look at the recommended European clinics out there, they are in the range of 2.5-6 euros/graft. Most except Feriduni have shorter waiting lists of couple months only.

Asmed at 2.5 euro and Dr. Lupanzula at 4.5 euros I think you can get a booking 2-3 months down the road or sooner if smaller case or if cancellation opens up even sooner for example.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'll give a less diplomatic NO. If you want FUT, go for H and W, Rahal, Cooley, Feller, Shapiro and Konior. That's about it.

I thought Feller was retired, am I wrong? And more to the point 'NO' I would not feel comfortable going to Diep for FUT (and I'm a fan of FUT)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Post some good pics for helpful advice. I'm not a fan of FUT in most cases since FUE has come so far in the last few years proving it's all around better for most patients.

Here are four pictures I just took, more of my hair loss is on my temple and top frontal of my head. The hair on top frontal is thinning a lot, it doesn't show that much because my hair is curly and it covers the scalp. But the hair on my crown feels still thick (if it was't for Rogain, this was long gone) but it looks a bit less denser.

I do not have an intention to lower my natural hair line ( I have a big forehead :) ) But I want to address those annoying temples and reinforce the frontal top.

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledgeable and valuable thoughts, I truly appreciate it.

Front.thumb.JPG.cdb8060e25067b27114216b0a2ecc99d.JPG

RIGHT.thumb.JPG.83fb6768f63cc8bc4154ac76f73ae064.JPG

LEFT.thumb.JPG.2c65ec246322471991fe79f37844a9b8.JPG

TOP.thumb.JPG.4e656879a12c9e3793f6998fee5d8337.JPG

Just wanted to clarify a rumor -- without becoming involved in the discussion -- because I've now seen it posted twice on the forums:

Dr. Feller is definitely not retired.

Carry on!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

RUNNN. I had a procedure done by him in 2012. Had two under paid workers $11 an hour, do the work, during the procedure he checked up on me 2 times. Immediately after the procedure, I noticed that one side was way more different from the other side, two different workers, two different results. Anyway, 9 months to a year after that, the results were not good AT ALL, do not believe his YouTube videos and pictures he takes in certain angles. So, I after a year, I made an appointment with him, I was very disappointed. So, he told me that I needed additional 200 to 300 graft, to fix their mistake, and it would cost me 3 thousand dollars. The worst mistake I ever made, been wearing a cap everywhere I go. Oh ya, I posted pictures of the results a year and half after the procedure, and almost everyone on this forum said, that it was a bad job. That I would need another 1000 or more grafts, yet the doctor claimed I needed 200 to 300, and it would cost 3000 more... I'm sure some people had good results, but if you google, and search online, you will see A LOT of people had bad experience, and he does not care once he has your $$$ if you click on my profile and look up the two posts, with pictures.

Edited by FBO

Hey, Tewodrinho,

I know you're using Rogaine, but are you taking Finasteride? That may solve your density on top.

As for your hair line, I think it looks great.

Throw you into some bell bottoms and a corduroy jacket and you can be my wingman anytime!

Edited by harryforreal
Auto Spell correct keeps changing Rogaine into lettuce! (Romaine)

Hi harryforreal,

Thanks for your kind words (had to google Corduroy, they don't look bad :) ) I have not started Finasteride yet, but I think it is the right time to give it a shot. I haven't noticed my crown hair density till I took those pictures :) , I think it is the Rogaine that kept the hair thick and healthy.

Yeaaaaaaaa.....60's/70's glam is coming down the runway yet AGAIN....betta git you sum!

Roberto Cavalli 2017 Spring/Summer Men's Collection Lookbook

Well if you haven't started the Finasteride, allow me to share my favorite hair loss link on medical treatment alone. Generic finasteride costs me less than $5.00 per month. Totally worth it.

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/patient-photos/