2,200 FUT with Dr. Scott Alexander

Croatia44

Hello all,

I figured I should make a new thread of the actual procedure.

I arrived in Phoenix a couple days before the surgery to visit my grandpa (Kill 2 birds with one stone). When I got to the hotel I thought it was so cool that there was so much history with it, every president since Herbert Hoover has stayed at this hotel.

Anyways, back to the procedure...

I arrived to Dr. Alexander's office at 7:30am and we went over the game plan, he was very informative and I felt confident with my decision. What I felt most appreciative about is how much time he spent with the procedure. From drawing out how much of the donor area, to cutting out the donor area and where to punching the holes for the grafts in the recipient area. I felt no pain at all, other than when they were injecting the shots to make my head numb. I was done around 5:30pm. Around 3:30pm I asked one of the nurses how much is left and she responded with "perfection takes time". When she said that, I knew I would have a good result. In my previous surgery with Dr. Meshkin, I was done by lunch time...

Dr. Alexander and his team has been extremely helpful. Spex answering all my questions, Nicole clearing up confusion with the hotel and always being responsive and Dr. Alexander being extremely professional and knowledgable. You can tell that he takes the procedures very seriously and as an art. After all, we are his finished product.

Thank you all for your help.

Spex will be providing the pictures from the operation, but I have attached a couple pictures from 2 months after my first surgery and a few days before my second surgery.

DSC00916.jpg.c2d8a98b5f74cbadf262a6510ab9d06f.jpg

image1.thumb.jpg.4864d3594936855e2862d863ad78d264.jpg

I'm glad you had a good experience. I'm sure you will see great results. I had 2,000 more grafts done in the frontal area 3 years after my first surgery and the results were wonderful. My growth rate was slower after the second surgery. I didn't see much growth until about the 5-6 month range. So....be patient.

I've experienced the same picture issue. Not sure why that happens on upload but there isn't anything you can do. Pretty frustrating.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

congrats on your surgery and looking forward to the updates

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks you for posting your experience here. Please keep us all informed on your progress.

Dr. Scott Alexander

I just had my second procedure with Dr. Meshkin yesterday, and I was also done by Lunch time. He did 2000 grafts on me second time, 1000 the first.

After you mentioned that Dr. Alexander took almost 5 hours longer, I am worried that maybe Dr. Meshkin rushes through to be able to do 2 procedures per day instead of just one.

Anywho, please keep us up to date and also let me know how many grafts you did on your first surgery.

I just had my second procedure with Dr. Meshkin yesterday, and I was also done by Lunch time. He did 2000 grafts on me second time, 1000 the first.

After you mentioned that Dr. Alexander took almost 5 hours longer, I am worried that maybe Dr. Meshkin rushes through to be able to do 2 procedures per day instead of just one.

Anywho, please keep us up to date and also let me know how many grafts you did on your first surgery.

Yea, that is a major reason I did not go back to Dr. Meshkin.

I had 2,100 grafts for my first surgery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

it is 2 months now. I received a little bit of shock loss in my donor area, hopefully that is fixed soon! my hair that was trimmed in the surgery is almost grown long enough to blend in with the rest of my hair.

I don't have anymore itchiness. I can;t wait for these bad boys to start growing!

IMG_1803.thumb.jpg.37fab960955ffdcf0f0e4ab819e4d3ef.jpg

IMG_1828.thumb.jpg.2d7b57e7c7aec2b04bb7596397a12eeb.jpg

IMG_1830.thumb.jpg.e6c6174745f06fa6e5004a79bbe74ace.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

month 3 now and I don't feel like there has been much new growth, only the hairs that were trimmed for my surgery now blends in well with the rest of my head.

Looking at my previous surgery, activity started between the months of 3-4, so hopefully the fun begins now!!

I am getting a haircut tomorrow and will post a pic of the donor area to show how my shockloss has progressed.

IMG_1962.thumb.jpg.4970d4603579662c5fcb7951df241a63.jpg

IMG_1963.thumb.jpg.b0fbab020725bb657d6921ea391de2df.jpg

IMG_1964.thumb.jpg.aaa581e75c31a55ad9ecfbeb12b6f2a9.jpg

IMG_1965.thumb.jpg.a92f3084d69551a3ec725cf8a1c7a7ce.jpg