Repair 1 year update - 2630 grafts - R. Shapiro

stamos

As additional info, I started using propecia immediately post-op (never used before) and rogaine foam 10 days post-op. Unfortunately on June I dropped rogaine, as the weather in Athens is extremely hot and I sweat a lot, starting from the head. This resulted to my forehead skin irritations as rogaine was spilling together with sweat.

This could had a negative effect in my growth (slow it down). What do you think? Also am I expecting something better at this point?

Too me it looks quite a bit thicker! I was wondering if you had any immediate post-op pics so we can see where the grafts where placed. But your hairline does look softer and you certainly have more density. Good news is is that you are at only 8 months, so you got more to come.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Stamos,

Looks good so far and I am sure it will thicken up in the next few months. You also Have SMG behind you and we all know they take pride in their work, so I believe you will be very happy camper in a few more months.

Keep us posted!!!

Hi Stamos---in patients who have had larger bulkier grafts, it can serve to slow down the growth in a second and 3rd session. Additionally, some of the larger, bulky grafts can cause some blood supply issues, which is why we rarely go very dense around these grafts...because they can compromise growth.

I do not know if that is the situation in your case, but I just wanted to let you know this. You still have some growth and softening to look forward to over the course of the next 4-6 months.

With that said, I think for 8 months your work looks very good. My opinion is not your opinion, however, so if after 12 months your still feeling like you should have had a different result, you can contact Matt Zupan, Janna or myself and we will talk it out and we will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied. Dr. Ron would not have it any other way =)

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for all your comments will keep it updated.

Originally posted by the B spot:

Hi Stamos---in patients who have had larger bulkier grafts, it can serve to slow down the growth in a second and 3rd session.

So you say that because this is my 3rd op, I have slower growth than normal?

Hi Stamos, sure...many patients experience slower growth after each successive session.

I'm not stating that is the case in your situation, just making you aware of the possibility.

Again, I think you look great for 8 months, and you still have some growth and thickening to look forward to in the coming months.

I encourage you to continue sharing your results going forward as your HT reaches maturity.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Stamos

My case is similar to yours. I had previous mini/micro graft transplants and also had a repair done with Dr. Ron Shapiro. One of the keys to a successful repair is to create a natural frontal forelock. I think your eight month photos look good. From your photos, it appears to me that you have a forelock now. There is a definite improvement from the 5 month photos. I think you will see further improvement over the next four months.

Formerly TooThin

the B spot, spex, TooThin, thanks for your comments.

10 days post op I started using Rogaine twice a day.

4 months later I stopped rogaine, in view of very hot climate and irritations in the forehead from the sweat.

Do you think this could have delayed my growth or had any negative other impact?

Hi Stamos,

You should expect more growth. 8 months is too soon to expect full growth. One thing you can try is using Rogaine foam just once a day. Apply a normal amount at night before you go to bed. This way you don't have to worry about sweat and it running down your face.

I can check if we have immediate post op pics for graft placement. I think you've achieve nice improvment so far.

Hope you are doing well.

Stamos,

I think your hair looks great. You probably still have some growth to come and I can personally attest to the fact that growth can be slower in subsequent procedures. Give it a few more months of growth and thickening and I trust you'll see some additional improvement. I hope you'll share your results with us once they reach full maturation.

Best wishes,

Bill (Bill)

Thanks for the comments. I will update it every 2 months.

Originally posted by spex:

I suggest what ever you are on or doing now stick to it and just continue to ride it out - do not start introducing anything at this stage.

I will follow your advice, stick to propecia and some T-Gel/revita shampooing. No more experiments.

• 3 months later...

Stamos,

Much improved in my opinion. The hairline is not pluggy anymore and you've got some nice density behind it. Are you happy with the result?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Stamos! Well, the hair looks nice...much, much better.

I think first and foremost, the goal of adding density, while disguising the previous poor work has been accomplished.

With that said, just looking at the photos you have posted, I think one more session to target the part-line from the temple/corner back to give an option to move that part up or keep it the same is in order.

I certainly believe the work done is stand-alone as it is, but now that the immediate goals have been addressed it would be icing on the cake to address that specific area, my opinion of course.

I appreciate your sharing your results Stamos....your hair will continue to soften and mature and you may notice even more density and manageability in the coming months.

As always, let me know if you need anything.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Thanks for your comments.

bighosedragger, actually I have scheduled the 2nd pass in one week from now, next Monday.

aaron, I am satisfied with the result. As I am near 40 years old, I am not looking for a full hair restoration, just a natural outcome.

the B spot, I know that the result is not final yet, as I have some very short and thin hairs. The problem with the second forthcoming visit is that I have to deal with the crown and the old scar as well and provided my limited donor, I don't think is a good idea to work on the temples. I don't mind look a bit balding.