Dermatologist vs. Plastic Surgeon for HT ?

Go with a licensed surgeon who has been practicing hair restoration surgeries for many years with numerous published results on this forum.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

IMHO, plastic surgeons are not the type HT surgeons most people should go to. For most of them it is a side-gig from what they really want to do and trained to do i.e. breast, facial, and abdominal cosmetic surgeries. These are the kind of doctors who often use neograft (which in and of itself is fine) but use techs sent in by third party companies and the docs themselves have little, if anything, to do with your HT.

Some of the best HT docs in the US are dermatologists, but many are other kinds of doctors.

I would focus on finding a hair transplant surgeon whose primary focus and line of work is in performing hair transplants and who has a long history of producing consistent, quality results. Use the list of recommended surgeons on this forum as a starting point and narrow down your choices from there, or look at the list of International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS) and go from there. If you use either of these lists as a starting point, chances are you'll end up right where you belong and find the doctor that's right for you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56