6 month doctor vist post fue operation

I recently had my 6 month post op doctor vist following my 2,000 graphs done June 7th creating a new hairlineand going to mid scalp. I went into appointment feeling extremely disappointed with results. I felt like at best Ive gotten 30 percent of what the final results should be. what's weird is the doctor showed me a top of head shot of hair with same hair length(buzz cut ) same lighting etc and results were drastic. so much so it makes me question if it doctored. odds are it's not because of how quick it was taken and when I was shown the pics but what I don't get is why my old hairline to mid scalp has improved so drastically and new hairline is so weak in comparison . I normally only look at myself straight on in a mirror so the hairline is what I see so I'm baffled as to why my old hair area is looking so much more improved in comparison.

Who is the doctor? Also, I am reading more and more about fue failures that rarely get reported. Everyone wants to show off on forums massive gains at 4 months. Those who see little to nothing at 6 months are told by the doctor to wait a year to 18 months and rarely have I seen someone showing little results at 6 months miraculously flourish to an appropriate result thereafter. We as a community need a better understanding as to the realites of fue failures and risks.

I don't have the before and after pics. at the 9 month follow up I'll get the pictures from the doctor and post them. I don't want to put the doctor on blast until later. as of now much is up in the air about how good the final results will be. I'm just confused as to why the pics he showed were so good compared to my hairline results

Doctors are notorious for brushing hair pre transplant to create as many parts and apparent scalp as possible. When it comes time to show results, they blow dry it and use a comb to fluff into the best possible position. Pre ht pictures also show more lighting showing the appearance of more scalp.

Hope you can post some before/afters soon. Typically you should be seeing very nice growth by 6 months. Everyone grows at different rates and hopefully you will continue to see improvements. Take some pictures now and post them, then take same angles with similar lighting in 3 months and lets look at the growth rate. I'm pulling for you....hang in there.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If I were you I'd ask the doctor to email you the before and after pictures they have on file so we can have a look here. Personally, I still think 6 months is relatively early to be too concerned - coming from someone who saw considerable maturation past the 6 month mark (though the initial growth was very strong).

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I'll email the doctor for the pics. the problem is and what confuses me is if I showed you guys the picture comparison he showed me everyone would say wow! great work! 60 percent of the area that was worked on looks much better. the new hair line area though sucks. I'd say something like 40 percent good density. I just don't get how mid scalp could have improved so much but hairline is so poor.

symphony,

Please do share some photos as soon as you have them. While there are some guys that get a lot of growth at 6 months, you are still early in the game and should have plenty more growth and maturation to come.

I highly recommend reserving judgement until one full year has passed. Also, you really should be taking your own photos on a monthly basis if you want to track and compare your results.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

symphony,

Please do share some photos as soon as you have them. While there are some guys that get a lot of growth at 6 months, you are still early in the game and should have plenty more growth and maturation to come.

I highly recommend reserving judgement until one full year has passed. Also, you really should be taking your own photos on a monthly basis if you want to track and compare your results.

Best of luck!

I'm at 6 and a half months now and hairline is maybe 40 percent good density maybe less. I'm under the impression from this point on results will just be minor finishing touches. most numbers say something like 60 or so percent finished. Any chance of major changes at this point ?