I recently turned 19, and last week i saw a picture of myself that made it look like i was thinning on the crown of my head. My mother seems to think that my hair has always looked like this and it is simply my crown but i simply can't imagine that being the case - i have only just noticed this and i'm sure i would have done before and she's probably just trying to be nice.

My father went bald in his early 30s and i'm yet to try any pills to try and resolve the issue. I have tried the oil and egg treatment but have only done this once. My scalp seems to be slightly itchy but not unbearable as i am worried this would make it worse .

I have attached a couple of photographs of what my hair looks like and was just looking for some advice. Any responses would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

IMG_3544.thumb.JPG.17c78dbb88af6af4dd27a813a70cb709.JPG

IMG_3545.thumb.JPG.5f1a657d5f186a935e24a8ac0b00b8d8.JPG

IMG_3546.thumb.JPG.2ebe930155e508253343572c041de628.JPG

IMG_3547.thumb.JPG.3ea9a1499dc72cbdab7a39bb0c0385d3.JPG

I agree. The 3rd picture is the one where it looks the worst to me. To me it looks more thin from the sides than the top down angle. You could really benefit from rogaine and propecia.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Its good that you are conscious of hair loss at your age. I think the first two responses you had were a bit too alarming but that said, a regime of FIN & Rogaine at your age could in all likelihood result in you maintaining a great head of hair.

Try and consult with an understanding GP & you really should have nothing to worry about.