Why women have better hair restoration than men?

Where to begin.

In my research I have noticed women with better hair restoration than men. Could it be hormonal? Perhaps a doctor here may give answers. Or someone else a good explanation about that?

One doctor told me that grafts for a woman are placed differently than in men.

Like this / \ for women

Like this \ / for men

He said that you would not be happy with a woman's placement due to styling limitations,

That is, it would look like a woman's hair style on a man's head.

I do admire how temple angle closure look so complete with such a small amount of grafts

But it's all in the angle

One doctor told me that grafts for a woman are placed differently than in men.

Like this / \ for women

Like this \ / for men

He said that you would not be happy with a woman's placement due to styling limitations,

That is, it would look like a woman's hair style on a man's head.

Hello rev333,

Would you mind clarifying the difference in how hairs are placed between men and women? I did not quite understand your reason.

But would it not make sense to angle it like a woman's given that it would produce a more dense appearance? I say go for aesthetics.

I also wonder if there are cases in which men's procedures involved hairs placed like a woman's. Would like to see that.

Milo, I think Rev's example shows how a woman wouldn't want to have hair replaced in order to look like an Orange is The New Black character.. :D

Perhaps, the pointing down (not up how our's is placed) helps retain more hair?

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Women do not have better hair restoration than men. In a lot of cases women are poor candidates due to the diffused hair loss or dupa pattern. Women cannot take propecia so they are limited compared to men in treatment options. Prp is often used on women if they are not candidates for surgery.

Hey milo

Not sure the technical part but I asked a doc about it and he said grafts for women are placed at a different angle than they are for men. This is when I commented on how pics of his women patients showed lowered hairlines 2cm with the same amount of grafts he suggested to use for my lowering of only 1cm.

His explanation of grafts placed at a "flatter" angle (lying flatter on the scalp than a man's ) for women made sense.

Maybe a doc that does women HT will chime in with his opinion.

Women do not have better hair restoration than men. In a lot of cases women are poor candidates due to the diffused hair loss or dupa pattern. .

I beg to differ with you. Most comparisons between men and women show women have better looking transplants. Their hair looks more dense packed.

Hey milo

Not sure the technical part but I asked a doc about it and he said grafts for women are placed at a different angle than they are for men. This is when I commented on how pics of his women patients showed lowered hairlines 2cm with the same amount of grafts he suggested to use for my lowering of only 1cm.

Hello rev,

It should make sense then for doctors to lower men's hairlines like a womans in my judgment. That way our hairs would look more natural and youthful. Few doctors actually lower hairlines drastically.