2124 grafts @ AEK with DR Karadeniz (28/10/16)

Baldydude89

Just arrived back from a 2 day trip to Istanbul with DR Karadeniz. Not going to go into the usual details but everything was very professional and pleasant including the hotel which was 2 minutes from the clinic and the transfers were very smooth although it takes some time to travel from Ataturk airport to the Asian side of Istanbul where the clinic and hotel are located. As you can see from the photos below my hairline has receded a fair bit and the surgery was basically about restoring the hairline but nothing to aggressive. The DRand me quickly agreed on a hairline that would suit my face and more importantly what I was happy with. The DR took a total of 2124 grafts the breakdown is as follows

Singles - 500

Doubles - 836

Triples -384

Quadruple or more - 403

A total of 4939 hairs.

I was very happy to get this amount of hairs for the amount of grafts. Everything during the surgery went well although I did start to experience some pain when the last few grafts when being inserted. All the grafts were removed by the DR himself and the incisions were also done by DR k , his techs placed all the grafts themselves. We had about 40/50 grafts left at the end of the procedure . I decided against having anestetic and more incisions done for them to be placed as everything looked good and I like I said my head was starting to get sore so we both agreed everything looked good and called it a day. Surgery lasted about 8 hours. After the procedure the DR provided me with some anti swelling meds and pain killers . He also supplied me with a years worth of proscar. I went back the next day for my first wash with the techs everything seems to be healing fine.

All in all a good professional experience but this will mean nothing if the procedure is not successfull. The DR also assured me he if there was not sufficient growth in 12 months he would provide another HT free of charge. Hopefully it does not come to that.

Any thoughts on my photos would be appreciated and also any questions fire away

Thanks

BD

image.jpg.5bffca0fb649426c0f14b4b4da937c81.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.640815e5a17c8986d4ce1d2100f6b3e8.jpeg

Hi Chris yeah it's hard not too. Constantly taking photos etc. What you think of the density look good enough? You have a procedure with DR K? It crossed my mind maybe I should have lowered the hair line a small bit but thinking now that would have been too aggressive?

Hi Chris yeah it's hard not too. Constantly taking photos etc. What you think of the density look good enough? You have a procedure with DR K? It crossed my mind maybe I should have lowered the hair line a small bit but thinking now that would have been too aggressive?

Hi Baldydude - For the area addressed and the no. of grafts placed , the density should be good . Have you any idea in square centimetres the area covered ?

Yes , I had surgery with Dr K 10 months ago now . The Dr is conservative with his hairlines . I would have perhaps liked to have the hairline lowered by a smidgeon , but can always look at this if / when I have further ops.

I'm happy with my growth . Only had the hairline and mid scalp addressed , and as a NW6 , still have the crown area to be dealt with . I think my expectations were modest , but realistic , and to that end I'm good .

• 3 weeks later...

Looks amazing man!

I think I have if not the same exact then veeery similar hairline to yours. I am having a procedure with DrK in december and hopefully I can get same results as you did!

Not too aggressive - its perfect in my book :)

Best of luck and happy growing! Looks like clean work

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Whilst I appreciate that Dr K is highly ethical, I am slightly bothered that he seems to be the only surgeon that operates in number of hairs rather than grafts. I believe this is something recent for him, perhaps only 12 to 18 mths ago.

Why does he think this is necessary when hundreds of others surgeons around the world operates in no of grafts? There's no way of comparing prices or knowing that you are getting good value for money etc because he won't know no of grafts until he's finished the operation.

Whilst I appreciate that Dr K is highly ethical, I am slightly bothered that he seems to be the only surgeon that operates in number of hairs rather than grafts. I believe this is something recent for him, perhaps only 12 to 18 mths ago.

No he doesn't - he charges by the graft !

"price is 0.6 euro per hair all inclusive"

Exact words to me when I made an enquiry, although this was May 2016.

Well I stand corrected then . I was thinking of having a 2nd procedure with him , so will ask him the question . He charged me by the graft last December.

I agree , if he's charging by the hair it is bizarre .

This is the 2nd time he's changed his pricing structure , he used to have a sliding rule pricing which was confusing to say the least ! My bet is that this was a suttle way of increasing his prices ? I think dr reddy in the U.K. Charges per hair and or that reason I didn't even go for coonsultation as like a previous poster has said there is no way of knowing your exact price before the surgery . A bad move by dr K in my opinion .

This is the 2nd time he's changed his pricing structure , he used to have a sliding rule pricing which was confusing to say the least ! My bet is that this was a suttle way of increasing his prices ? I think dr reddy in the U.K. Charges per hair and or that reason I didn't even go for coonsultation as like a previous poster has said there is no way of knowing your exact price before the surgery . A bad move by dr K in my opinion .

Don't worry, I was contacted by what must have been an agent for him about a month ago and he has what sounds like a 3rd pricing structure now!

I don't think it's entirely fair to be going into details on a public forum so I'll leave it there.

Not quite sure why he's done this , but I got charged 1.50 euros per graft . I had an average hair count of 2 hairs per graft , which I think is fairly average . The euro price per hair would actually turn out cheaper than the 1.50 euros I paid ..

All depends on the donor density , lower than average density would end up being cheaper still , but higher density would be more , but on the face of it seems like a cheaper deal for most .

Not quite sure why he's done this , but I got charged 1.50 euros per graft . I had an average hair count of 2 hairs per graft , which I think is fairly average . The euro price per hair would actually turn out cheaper than the 1.50 euros I paid ..

All depends on the donor density , lower than average density would end up being cheaper still , but higher density would be more , but on the face of it seems like a cheaper deal for most .

It's a bit unfair though isn't it? Neither the doctor or yourself has control over how many hairs are on each graft and the number of grafts is a function of how much work the doctor has to do. So seems very odd to quote in number of hairs.

Yea on reflection I was possibly probably being unfair , to be honest I think dr karedeniz is a good doctor who fell foul of the trolls on here . I think His completion is too much for him in turkey as he's a 1 patient per day surgery where he performs all the important parts of the surgery himself , trouble is for him he charges the same if not less than some of the 10 patient per day hair mills .... I honestly feel he would do better back in the uk where he studied , there is a definite gap in the market especially in the north of the uk !