Recipient area pain?

Guys, I see lots of reference to pain in the donor area but not some much the recipient area. Getting some pain today in what feels like the the front of the recipient area (hard to tell a little due to the partial numbness still in the area). Is this normal for day 12? Looking at my pics, the hairline area has a slightly darker tone than the rest of the recipient area. Got me a little worried now. Could there be an infection under the skin?

5b32ef7cb5641_IMG_3581-Copy.thumb.jpg.231b1d04ffbbf89996b2eee9ebf69421.jpg

IMG_3646.JPG.bb34ce679444502471c6a3a7b5835d17.JPG

justlax if i press where my hairline starts its tender i would say , its different to the donor pain i had . i have the same like a darker purple line where the hairline meets the brow . hows your redness on the recipient ? mines quite noticeable its the only thing that bother me now as its quite a contrast to the colour of my forehead . looks like it will be with me for a good while.

bb

When they give you the numbing injections in the recipient area some of the neve endings get damaged I think and probably just those "coming back." I had sharp shooting type pain in my recipient area as well latest procedure but it goes away in week or so.

In the pic your recipient area looks healthy pink color except for those remaining scabs, but you might want to check wth the clinic.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Baldbeard, comforting to hear you have be same darker line. My recipient area is quite red but only under certain lights (see pics above). Definitely looks worse in indoor lighting. Thankfully we have very bright cool white lighting at the office so I'm hoping that's going to help how it looks for my first time back in the office tomorrow.

Louisjams, Hsrp10 - thanks both, I think I was probably over reacting (again) but I will send a pic to the clinic in the morning to see what they say. I took a paracetamol after I posted and that an a diazepam chilled me out. :D

• 2 weeks later...
justlax if i press where my hairline starts its tender i would say , its different to the donor pain i had . i have the same like a darker purple line where the hairline meets the brow . hows your redness on the recipient ? mines quite noticeable its the only thing that bother me now as its quite a contrast to the colour of my forehead . looks like it will be with me for a good while.

bb

Baldbeard, I think your surgery was around the same time as mine (had mine on 11th Oct). How is your recipient area now? I'm 3 weeks post surgery but my recipient area is still quite numb and still aches a little at times (seems to be playing up a little today). Constantly feel like I have something on my head, like a hat or pair of glasses I've forgotten to remove. Wish it would hurry up and settle down. :mad:

Hi justlax

I'm 4 weeks this Friday and although my redness has faded its still there and noticeable.

I have Numbness in the recipient area still it feels odd if lift my eyebrows up and down, if you know what I mean. It's a strange feeling but normal, this will take time to heal. My concern is I've lost most of my transplanted hair and I think some of my original hair has thinned from the forelock I had I look much worse. I've also had a couple of troublesome spots which are going now I hope they have not affected my grafts. I'm sure your fine everything is normal it's just going to be though through the next stages. Only good thing for me I don't see as many hairs in the sink now but then I havnt got many left lol. I'll update my post with pics Friday.

Bb

Hi justlax

I'm 4 weeks this Friday and although my redness has faded its still there and noticeable.

I have Numbness in the recipient area still it feels odd if lift my eyebrows up and down, if you know what I mean. It's a strange feeling but normal, this will take time to heal. My concern is I've lost most of my transplanted hair and I think some of my original hair has thinned from the forelock I had I look much worse. I've also had a couple of troublesome spots which are going now I hope they have not affected my grafts. I'm sure your fine everything is normal it's just going to be though through the next stages. Only good thing for me I don't see as many hairs in the sink now but then I havnt got many left lol. I'll update my post with pics Friday.

Bb

Ah right, so a week ahead of me. Well comforting to know my current state is normal for this time. Hopefully it starts to normalise soon for both of us. What do you mean by troublesome spots going now? I'm still seeing shedding but I still have a fair bit to shed I think. Not entirely on top of what I'm shedding myself tho as I haven't been washing my hair at home this week as I did previously so haven't been able to monitor the sink to gauge number of hairs I'm shedding daily. Although I saw about 5 hairs on my pillow today.

I've had a couple of spots on my left temple area it's supposedly normal after ht I've treated it with the antiseptic cream Dr gave me and I gave been told to report back in a week, unfortunately I've had early shedding I'd say nearly all the grafted hairs are gone and some of my original hair has thinned at the forelock I look much worse especially with the redness. I've been washing my hair everyday.