9 days post fue Dr Demirsoy (slightly worried)

goonerfan

I know i have dry skin at the back of the head (can I safely apply e45 to that?)

And i also have an area that was a little bit yellow at the front so i've been applying antiseptic to that so that explains the slight discolouration)

My question is there appears to be a line like a scar which has appeared. Is that something to be worried about? Might i have lost grafts?

Also what are people's overall thoughts? Does it look ok so far?

image.thumb.jpeg.325606739b1430a31aaae98ee34d9a99.jpeg

image.jpg.58049547f5c95505feb0bb20aa9a681d.jpg

Hi gooferfan,

im 15 days post op with dr demisroy , it looks to me after zooming in that you have excessive crusting and in that patch the crusting has split in a line , did you have much swelling ? I was swollen next day and had to remove the headband, i had some yellowish serous fluid on my scalp from the swelling which dired and was a bugger to get off , it looks to me that i can see hairs underneath but the resolution of the photo is not that good . I wouldn't get too worked up you will get a reply from dr demisroy im sure he will mention getting rid of the scabs and crusting as they recommend getting rid of them by just after 10 days . But wait to see what he says first before you do anything, have you any pain or inflammation in that spot ? which would be a sign of infection.

bb

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I wasn't too bad with swelling. Next to my ear swelled when i was on the flight home two days after the op, but that soon went down and i took the headband off.

Yes i've been in contact with Muzzafer and i had a yellow patch so he said to apply antiseptic there and mousturise and look to remove the scabs tomorrow (no idea how easy that might be)

No pain or inflammation or anything.

They've been good at getting back to me and advising as i go but i think it's good to get a few other opinions.

How do you feel your procedure went? Are you confident of a good result?

Yes i'm in contact with the patient adviser who told me to use the antiseptic and moisturiser.

Could you elaborate in what way it shouldn't be looking that way please?

I mean 9 day post op most of the scabs should be coming out and not yellowish. But then again it's only based on my experience on this forum and personally. Only your doctor can give you the right answer.

Hi I'm as happy as I can be with the procedure to be honest I think that they all worked hard and professionally, I personally think Dr demisroy is as good as anyone else. now it's down to the other factors eg how well you heal your own genetics for the grafts surviving etc. I don't think anyone can predict if the results going to be good or not it's fingers crossed and do as much as possible to help with healing. I had nearly all my scabs off by day 10 let them soak to soften them.

Personally I'd be very surprised if you have infection it would be inflamed and sore

Bb

Keep in touch, also have a look at my thread

I know i have dry skin at the back of the head (can I safely apply e45 to that?)

And i also have an area that was a little bit yellow at the front so i've been applying antiseptic to that so that explains the slight discolouration)

My question is there appears to be a line like a scar which has appeared. Is that something to be worried about? Might i have lost grafts?

Also what are people's overall thoughts? Does it look ok so far?

Hi Goonerfan, that does look like a lot of scabbing and very dry, what is the post op care procedure with Demisroy? Do you have to wash it daily or just spray with saline for the first week etc. I had a fair bit of crusting/scabs and some similar lines like a scar which had me concerned that I'd lost grafts, but then I checked with my clinic and they suggested this was down to swelling and the skin expanding and that over time when it's all healed the gaps that look like lines and graftless will go away. Hopefully they are right.

Thanks baldbeard, yeah i don't think it's infected either. It's just the dryness that is annoying. Everytime i apply aloe vera, whenever it dries it seems to make it drier. Maybe i should have continued using the saline solution on it.

When it comes to removing scabs and crusts i feel i'm a bit clueless. I'm not sure what constitutes a scab or not. Anyway i'll give it a go tomorrow.

I read your thread, very similar experience to mine. Definitely stay in touch and hope we both get a good result.

Hi Goonerfan, that does look like a lot of scabbing and very dry, what is the post op care procedure with Demisroy? Do you have to wash it daily or just spray with saline for the first week etc. I had a fair bit of crusting/scabs and some similar lines like a scar which had me concerned that I'd lost grafts, but then I checked with my clinic and they suggested this was down to swelling and the skin expanding and that over time when it's all healed the gaps that look like lines and graftless will go away. Hopefully they are right.

It's been to wash daily with sebamed shampoo (obviously very lightly dabbing on the recipient) and lately to moisturise with aloe vera due to the dryness.

The instructions is to try to remove scabbing from day 10 onwards

No problem goofer

I put loads of aloe Vera on to soften them then dipped my head in Luke warm water to soak it, then washed with the shampoo. After a good rinse I very gently dried with a soft towel, I could see that the crusts were coming off on the towel. Just be gentle

Bb

Im a dr. Demirsoy patient too. My early results are looking good. You were in good hands I believe. This isn't an infection IMO.

On the other hand I was instructed to remove the scanning on day 9 instead of 10. Funny that he changed!

How did your wash go today Goonerfan?

Seems to be going well so far.

I left some conditioner on my scalp and that's softened things up so it's possible to scrape the scabs.

Some have a few grafts in, but it's my understanding that the root of the hair will be safe under the skin by now