I've lost so much hair because of nizoral

I was on nizoral for 4-5 months. I used it 4-5 times a week (I know I over used it). When I got off of it, hair started to instantly shedd. I was losing 100+ hairs a day. At work, At the gym, At my desk. It was crazy.

7 weeks later after quitting nizoral and my hair is still shedding from it.

Is there anything I can do? I seriously need help. I scheduled a visit to my dermatologist but it's in 1 month.

I'm getting extremely depressed and have had really bad thoughts (suicidal).

How can i stop this shedd? It looks like I have crown balding and my frontal hair is so thin you can see past my scalp by an inch or so.

Please help

How long were you leaving the Nizoral on your scalp?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I used it 4-5 times a week (I know I over used it)

Spex posted on another forum a few years ago that patients must be careful with Nizoral and using it too often.

Nizoral Shampoo and "Shedding"

Spex posted on another forum a few years ago that patients must be careful with Nizoral and using it too often.

Nizoral Shampoo and "Shedding"

Is there any way I can contact him or others who have overused nizoral or had nizoral greed? I need to know if/when/and how my hair will come back. I need to know if there is anything I can do to further get my hair back that I lost.

Please help. couldn't sleep last night.

Is there any way I can contact him or others who have overused nizoral or had nizoral greed? I need to know if/when/and how my hair will come back. I need to know if there is anything I can do to further get my hair back that I lost.

Please help. couldn't sleep last night.

Hey mate, stay calm, stressing is just going to further your hair loss.

The sheds pass and the hair will all come back in over time so nothing long term to worry about but this is often the reason why guys who feel they were gaining momentum with their HT suddenly hit a wall of disappointment. It will be interesting to gain feedback on this and how many can relate.

You might be paranoid, about your hair loss, it's normal for you to lose 50-100 hairs a day as 10% of your hair goes through the telogen phase. Quote me if im wrong, but i think Nizoral does have DHT blockers, which may have really screwed up your hormone balance. (It;s unlikely, but definitely a possibility if you were over-doing the application. It might be worth you getting a blood check at your local GP, to check your hormones are all imbalanced or not. If that helps you sleep at night. Stay strong buddy pm me if you need to vent!

Is there any way I can contact him

I bet Spex would be happy to help you and discuss your situation.

He recently posted in this forum or you can contact him thru his website:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184824-my-new-hair-loss-hair-transplant-website.html

Hair Transplant UK, Dr Feriduni Hair Transplant, Hair Treatment UK

hopeisthebestthingihave,

For starters, I'm sorry to hear that you've been continually losing hair. I guess I'm wondering if the hair loss you are experiencing is really as a result of Nizoral. Nizoral 2% in particular can be a bit harsh on the scalp and thus it's recommended that you only use the 2% a couple times a week. The 1% is still a little harsh but in my experience, it's not as bad.

Nizoral contains the active ingredient ketoconazole, which is supposed to be a mild DHT blocker. If it's effective in helping, you could experience a nominal period of hair shedding. But it sounds like you are experiencing more than that.

If you feel that Nizoral is causing hair loss, in my opinion, you may want to stop using it. If you aren't using Propecia and/or Rogaine, I do encourage you to consider getting on them. But be sure you research each medication and understand the benefits and potential side effects of both.

Best wishes,

Bill

hopeisthebestthingihave,

For starters, I'm sorry to hear that you've been continually losing hair. I guess I'm wondering if the hair loss you are experiencing is really as a result of Nizoral. Nizoral 2% in particular can be a bit harsh on the scalp and thus it's recommended that you only use the 2% a couple times a week. The 1% is still a little harsh but in my experience, it's not as bad.

Nizoral contains the active ingredient ketoconazole, which is supposed to be a mild DHT blocker. If it's effective in helping, you could experience a nominal period of hair shedding. But it sounds like you are experiencing more than that.

If you feel that Nizoral is causing hair loss, in my opinion, you may want to stop using it. If you aren't using Propecia and/or Rogaine, I do encourage you to consider getting on them. But be sure you research each medication and understand the benefits and potential side effects of both.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you for the companionship and kind words.

I've been on finastiride for 6-7 months. I inistally saw great results, heck, I even saw regrowth of my hairline at 14-15 weeks. But ever since I over used nizoral and got off of it, I have been shedding 100 hairs like crazy.

It's freaking me out. My hair has gotten so thin that my scalp is visiaul in almost every direction.

I have a dermotologist appointment in 1 month but thats too far away. I need to know what to do.

And I will contact spex

Stick with the fin and wait it out. It will probably get better. If it doesnt, niz may have caused a shed, but its dht that makes you bald.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi there,

I got your PM. Sorry to hear of your situ.

Nizoral is harsh stuff and it sounds like its triggered a shed in your hair cycle.

Firstly I'm confident if you now leave off Nirozal and ride out the cycle your hair will return but it will take 4 months approx to recycle.

Get on MSM and Biotin and help boosts hairs cycle.

You will be fine and the less you stress over it the quicker it will return ;-)

Regards

Thank you for your response.

I've been off of nizoral for 7.5 weeks and I've been ON finastiride for 6 months and 1 week.

What is MSM? and I am already taking biotin.

IS there anything I can do to my hair to make this shedd stop? Like shampoo and condition? Specific conditioners?

So far I've only been washing my hair with water and then shampooing and conditioning once a week. That is all.

IS there anything else I can do?

Thank you for giving me hope <3