SMP and adding density

thomas975

I tried looking for someone with SMP to help density but couldnt find any cases. I shave my head at about a 1 guard but its too thin. Has anyone used SMP to make their hair look more dense? Im looking for pictures to see how it would look. I attached a pic of my hair. Thanks.

20160926_183302_026.jpg.50386d9a16bd5f2bcadb1ade9abb42e5.jpg

SMP to make their hair look more dense? Im looking for pictures to see how it would look.

I too am interested in SMP for additional density on a non-shaved down/non-close cropped scalp.

This SMP provider posts on this message board and here is a link to their "thickening" page tab:

Thicker Hair -- FREE CONSULT - AHEAD INK - 347.446.4757AHEAD INK — Temporary Scalp Micropigmentation

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thomas975/Shampoo,

Yes I do lots of thickening cases. I also noticed you're both in Texas. I just got back from doing work at Dr. Bernard Arocha's clinic in Houston and should be returning there soon to do more work.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks hairthere..that would be convenient with Dr. Arocha whom I have met and think highly of.

I definitely would be interested in some SMP thickening in the future.

However right now I am only 4.5 months post-op from my final FUT procedure and I don't want to do anything with my scalp until at least the 12 month mark.

Let's keep in touch.

ps: Would you say most of your "thickening SMP" has been with clients that have also had an earlier hair-transplant or guys that have never had a transplant? Also what is the satisfaction rate with guys that are doing SMP as an added feature after a transplant? I know it must vary but how often do clients need a re-do or touch-up?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Oh yes, you should certainly wait for your HT to grow in. Most thickening guys have had HTs done and they just want more density. Beauty Medical just came out with a new thickening needle that is 3-pronged so you get a slightly larger impression/dot than the one we use for buzz look clients. Clients have been very happy with the results so far and I'll be presenting more soon. Thickening guys usually get a little more last time from the temporary SMP. For one, their scalp isn't as exposed to the sun, and they aren't shaving their scalp constantly. Also, I'll sometimes work a little deeper with the needle on thickening cases which creates a longer-lasting result.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...

That's very exciting but it's very difficult to find forum posts from patients who had this procedure done. I really want to ditch the concealers when my HT is mature enough.

How different is your work on longer hair, technically? Do you simply go a little deeper?

Have you got a clinic in Europe?