Purpose of break before 2nd FUE?

Hi all,

I need some help in understanding.

Since grafts are transplanted from the donor to the hairless area and will never re-grow (as far as I understand), what is the point of the break of 6 months or 1 year for a second procedure? It's not like the donated grafts can will regrow and can be reused?

Please explain..

Please explain..

I am not sure I actually understand everything you asked, but I'll try to translate best I can.

The reason it is recommended that you wait 6 month to a year or more between operations is that your scalp is traumatized by the actual procedure, nerves are interrupted, blood flow is redirected, shock loss may occur, and the newly planted grafts are entering a resting phase. So the process of healing is very important to the outcome. To rush into another procedure not only interrupts the natural healing process that must occur, it places addition stress on the scalp what can result in much more severe shock loss and slow the revascularization process.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The amount of time between hair transplant procedures also depends on whether or not you are grafting into the same area as the first procedure or a different area. If attempting to graft into the same area you should wait at least on year damaging grafts from first procedure can be avoided. If grafting into a new area than the proper healing of the donor region is the main concern. I recommend 7-8 months.

Another thing to consider is that you want to have a good idea of how successful the first hair transplant was and what sort of density was achieved, and it takes time for the full results to come in. This will give the surgeon a much clearer picture on how to proceed with the 2nd procedure.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56