Can I have a hair transplant?

I contacted HT surgeon (online) and was told (by one of his advisers) that in my case I would need a 10,000 grafts hair transplant, but my donor area can only supply 3,000 grafts, which could cover at most 1/3 of my head. So, my question is: is there any point to spend 7-8 grand just to improve a little bit my hairline, or should I just give it up, shave my head and go bold? Because no matter what, I will still be bold.

So, please see my pics, and let me know what do you think.

Also, can someone tell me what Norwood I am? Because I was thinking that I am a Norwood 5, but after this email, I'm not sure any more.

P.S. I'm 35 years old, never took any meds, lost my hair probably from stress 5-10 years ago, and as far as I know, the hair loss is stabilized now.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

5b32eedc362a6_IMG_01972.JPG.4dfea530d55038583dce71b52c2d21af.JPG

5b32eedc52270_IMG_02201.JPG.fc8f0188dfdcc7b24d70377a024819ff.JPG

5b32eedc6f9e0_IMG_02111.JPG.eea2ef0e00d32ad6100ed52dae45c871.JPG

5b32eedc88dc5_IMG_02121.JPG.d244a9a3b08ffe63861f571230ddee91.JPG

Edited by rundomGuy

Send a few clear, well-lit photos to a couple other reputable clinics for additional recommendations.

You can attempt to stabilize the loss by taking platelet-rich plasma treatment, HelpHair protein, multivitamins, and maintaining a healthy balanced diet. The way to get more with a hair transplant is to improve the caliber of the hair that currently exists on top. Secondly, you must realize that surgery is an option if you understand donor management. The surgery is possible, but you must consult with a surgeon who can provide results with all of your available donor resources. Your hair loss will also progress to some point in the future so you must manage expectations and develop realistic goals too. The hair restoration process is long, but you can have a transplant to improve your appearance. You must begin researching all techniques and proven methods to focus your effort and maximize every resource.

All the best

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I cant see your sides but that back looks pretty good. Your hair loss is probably not stable not being on meds. You just have less to lose.

Check out photos of high norwoods to see what can be done. I would expect you could get a higher hairline and light desnsity on the front have of the crown. You dont have enough grafts to get full decent coverage all over your head, but you could have enough to get a nice conservative goals. It just depends if that is good enough to make you happy enough to do it. Looks like you have a nice head though and could be happy just getting a near shave and moving forward

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.