Lipogaine/Perfect Hair Minoxidil do you see a difference?

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

I've been taking Lipogaine for about a year now and I just started combining it with Perfect Hair minoxidil this past month, the perfect hair contains azelaic acid which used to be in Lipogaine, some of you may know that azelaic acid is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor.

The reason why I made this thread is cause yesterday I had a friend ask me if I had any grafts put in the back, I said "no why" and he said that it looked like I had more hair then before, although this made me feel very good, I wondered if he was just blowing smoke up my ass, I can safely say my crown hasn't gotten worse, but not sure if it has gotten better.

The bottom picture was from 2014, the top picture was today they're about 2 years apart I took both pictures in the same exact place, same lighting, the only difference is the phone camera. What do you guys think? was my friend just being nice, honest opinions.

OgjzKzz.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I do see thickening!! Nice!! My crown has been on my mind too. I've been using rogaine foam in morning and Lipogaine in evening. I might have to try the perfect in the morning instead of the rogaine. I've got my one year follow up with Dr Diep next month. ( 5 months late lol ) I'm gonna see about another procedure to reinforce the front and hopefully attack my crown.

• Administrators

I agree more photos are necessary, unfortunately theres very few photos that I could reproduce that would be same angle, same lighting etc. Here is another photo, same room, same lighting etc. only difference is the phone camera.

I think what may be helping is that the donor area is not as thick as before so it helps blend the bald spot better and makes it look more homogeneous, but I remember my crown didn't grow before. I don't know im still torn but at least I can safely say it hasn't gotten worse, the bottom pic was actually taken 2 1/2 years ago before I had any transplants. So at least I can say the meds are helping me maintain at the very least.

rR0HhAX.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.