1500 Grafts With Dr. Bhatti

MyNameIsJerry

So a bit of background I am 30 and have had a receding hairline since i was 17. I still have a bit of hair at the front but it has drastically gone over the past 2 years so after lots of research and the fact that I was taking a trip to India anyway I decided to try Dr. Bhatti.

We had emailed back n forth for a while and I had sent him photos of what i would like it to look like.

So I arrived at 7pm the night before surgery and was sent to the hotel ab, I thought there was a chance that he would like to have a chat before hand but we didnt.

Anyways so I get picked up at 6.50am and taken to darling buds clinic. The place is nice and all but I found the staff really strange, almost abrupt and non communicative.

Eventually around 7.30 I met Dr. Bhatti who drew my hair line way down and I stated no no I want it to look a lot more natural like the photos I had showed you. This all seemed somewhat new to him which I found a bit weird. Next thing we moved into another room and I sat in a chair, and without even telling me he started shaving the donor area... now yes obviously this is something thats meant to happen but it just seemed like a long list of things that were never explained to me. It felt like everything was so rushed and being in an uncomfortable and nervous situation I never felt like anyone was trying to put me at ease.

The procedure quickly went ahead and was relatively painless but once again nothing was explained to me it was just lie down and bam they were operating.

I've spent months researching on here and you guys point out things like how many doubles, triple grafts, the size of the extractor in millimeters etc. none of this was told to me at all.

When they began to put in the grafts I remember asking will Dr. Bhatti be doing this and one of the ladies said yes, which wasn't true at all as he only showed up once roughly during the end of it. Not that the ladies seemed to do a bad job it was just yes once again a lack of communication.

After surgery I was asked to sit in the waiting room for 1 hour and have my head sprayed every twenty minutes. After that hour was up I asked what to do and they said wait another hour, then someone brought me some lunch which was nice so i scoffed that down and asked whats next and they said how long have you waited and i said 2 hours.. wait another hour was the response.

If someone said that he is very busy in surgery and that once he is done with two other patients he will come to see you and change your bandages then that would of been great and I would have understood except none of that happened. I really felt like i had done something wrong to piss him everyone off or something.

Finally after the three and a bit hours I was asked to come in and see Dr. Bhatti, he said have you been talking or moving your face because it is bleeding... Once again no one said not to move my face or not to talk .. why would this not be told to me?

I was asked if there were anymore questions and I said i had one about the photos he took in which i dont want them published on the website and it was brushed off and we will speak tomorrow. From there I paid my money and got in a cab, where the driver didnt want to carry my really heavy travelling bag for me so I had to carry it to the hotel which worried me as i would be causing stress to my skull.

Well here I am sitting around spraying my head every twenty minutes until midnight feeling very confused and scared and nervous about whether i've made the right descion and if now i'll just be laughed at if it looks silly ... plus I have no idea how im going to conceal it for the next three months as it hopefully stars to grow.

I know this has come off super negative and I think the work looks well done, I just wish for the money i just spent I was treated a little nicer and given some time and patience.

So a bit of background I am 30 and have had a receding hairline since i was 17. I still have a bit of hair at the front but it has drastically gone over the past 2 years so after lots of research and the fact that I was taking a trip to India anyway I decided to try Dr. Bhatti.

We had emailed back n forth for a while and I had sent him photos of what i would like it to look like.

So I arrived at 7pm the night before surgery and was sent to the hotel ab, I thought there was a chance that he would like to have a chat before hand but we didnt.

Anyways so I get picked up at 6.50am and taken to darling buds clinic. The place is nice and all but I found the staff really strange, almost abrupt and non communicative.

Eventually around 7.30 I met Dr. Bhatti who drew my hair line way down and I stated no no I want it to look a lot more natural like the photos I had showed you. This all seemed somewhat new to him which I found a bit weird. Next thing we moved into another room and I sat in a chair, and without even telling me he started shaving the donor area... now yes obviously this is something thats meant to happen but it just seemed like a long list of things that were never explained to me. It felt like everything was so rushed and being in an uncomfortable and nervous situation I never felt like anyone was trying to put me at ease.

The procedure quickly went ahead and was relatively painless but once again nothing was explained to me it was just lie down and bam they were operating.

I've spent months researching on here and you guys point out things like how many doubles, triple grafts, the size of the extractor in millimeters etc. none of this was told to me at all.

When they began to put in the grafts I remember asking will Dr. Bhatti be doing this and one of the ladies said yes, which wasn't true at all as he only showed up once roughly during the end of it. Not that the ladies seemed to do a bad job it was just yes once again a lack of communication.

After surgery I was asked to sit in the waiting room for 1 hour and have my head sprayed every twenty minutes. After that hour was up I asked what to do and they said wait another hour, then someone brought me some lunch which was nice so i scoffed that down and asked whats next and they said how long have you waited and i said 2 hours.. wait another hour was the response.

If someone said that he is very busy in surgery and that once he is done with two other patients he will come to see you and change your bandages then that would of been great and I would have understood except none of that happened. I really felt like i had done something wrong to piss him everyone off or something.

Finally after the three and a bit hours I was asked to come in and see Dr. Bhatti, he said have you been talking or moving your face because it is bleeding... Once again no one said not to move my face or not to talk .. why would this not be told to me?

I was asked if there were anymore questions and I said i had one about the photos he took in which i dont want them published on the website and it was brushed off and we will speak tomorrow. From there I paid my money and got in a cab, where the driver didnt want to carry my really heavy travelling bag for me so I had to carry it to the hotel which worried me as i would be causing stress to my skull.

Well here I am sitting around spraying my head every twenty minutes until midnight feeling very confused and scared and nervous about whether i've made the right descion and if now i'll just be laughed at if it looks silly ... plus I have no idea how im going to conceal it for the next three months as it hopefully stars to grow.

I know this has come off super negative and I think the work looks well done, I just wish for the money i just spent I was treated a little nicer and given some time and patience.

Oh boy i Can relate to that from my first surgery in turkey with another doctor.

But if you get a good result Then all of What you experienced means nothing in the end.

I Think you should write and detailed mail to dr bhatti about your experience so he know that for futere patients.

Dear Mr. Harrison85,

I wish to publicly apologize for your experience. Please call me at your earliest convenience with the phone # you were given and I will answer all of your questions and explain more about your day. I am always available to my patients. I also wish to assure you that no one but myself performed your FUE procedure. The technicians helped me to gather the grafts but I was the one that performed your surgery, as is the case with every single patient.

Hi Harrison85,

Thank you for choosing Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds for your HT procedure and for putting your trust in us. We promise you that we will not let you down and will be supporting you every step of the way towards a successful HT journey. Thank you also for candidly sharing your experience so far.

Since it seems that you were left with a feeling that you did not get the attention that you deserved, please accept our apologies. Will not try to justify the obvious lack of communication but for whatever it is worth, when people from different cultures interact, sometimes the communication suffers. That said, there is an obvious room for betterment/improvement here.

I know for a fact that Dr. Bhatti gives an utmost priority and importance to his Patients and has made it very clear to his staff that they are supposed to do the same. The protocol and process is laid out and has been made clear to everyone. With your feedback, we will make sure that if anyone from our side dropped the ball, that does not happen again in the future.

Our goal is to make the HT experience pleasant for our Patients and make sure that they leave our Clinic with good memories. When our Patients return home after their HT procedure, we make sure that we stand by them to support them in any way we can. We are always just an email or a phone call away.

We will try our best to make it up to you.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I agree that if I had the same experience as you've mentioned here, I'd feel bad too - I totally get it. It's just another day at the clinic for the doctors and their staff, but for us patients, it's a huge life altering step so we expect the whole procedure to be executed with the gravity it deserves. Having said that, I myself am a patient of Dr. Bhatti's and my experience was very different. The doctor would keep telling me what he was about to do before actually doing it. For example, I remember very clearly that the doctor said he was gonna use the clipper on my head and got my acknowledgement before doing it.

Anyway, there's no reason for you to worry if your questions will go unanswered post op (trust me, you'll have a lot of questions!). From my experience I can tell you that Dr Bhatti sends prompt responses to all emails - which is very important for post-op guys like us.

that sounds like a great cheerleading infomercial but u didn't address any of the concerns the patient brought to light.

Hi Harrison85,

Thank you for choosing Dr. Bhatti/Darling Buds for your HT procedure and for putting your trust in us. We promise you that we will not let you down and will be supporting you every step of the way towards a successful HT journey. Thank you also for candidly sharing your experience so far.

Since it seems that you were left with a feeling that you did not get the attention that you deserved, please accept our apologies. Will not try to justify the obvious lack of communication but for whatever it is worth, when people from different cultures interact, sometimes the communication suffers. That said, there is an obvious room for betterment/improvement here.

I know for a fact that Dr. Bhatti gives an utmost priority and importance to his Patients and has made it very clear to his staff that they are supposed to do the same. The protocol and process is laid out and has been made clear to everyone. With your feedback, we will make sure that if anyone from our side dropped the ball, that does not happen again in the future.

Our goal is to make the HT experience pleasant for our Patients and make sure that they leave our Clinic with good memories. When our Patients return home after their HT procedure, we make sure that we stand by them to support them in any way we can. We are always just an email or a phone call away.

We will try our best to make it up to you.

Best regards,

California

Hi T-TYPE,

Harrison85 voiced his concerns. Both Dr. Bhatti and I apologized to him and assured him that he will be taken care of. We promised him that we would make it up to him. I also admitted that someone from our Clinic side seems to have dropped the ball and that we will make sure that that does not happen again. Dr. Bhatti asked him to call him so that he can answer any questions/concerns that Harrison85 might have. We believe that perfection does not exist in this world and as with everyone else, we realize that there is room for betterment.

Not sure how else we can "address" the concerns that this Patient shared.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi guys thanks for commenting on the post. While yes my initial reactions on the first day were of confusion and a little negative, the next day I had a bit more of a chance to get my questions answered, also it was explained to me that there was an issue with another patient that I wont go into but it caused a lot of issues for all the staff and it sounded traumatic for the staff. None of these issues i might add were of the clinics fault but of the patients lack of disclosing personal issues.

I am now resting and feeling a lot better about everything and have actually had plenty of nice chats with Dr. Bhatti over dinner at his villa in Kasauli. If you ever decide to get treatment with him I highly recommend spending some time up here to recover, it is truly a beautiful and peaceful place.

I might post some pictures at a later date, for now imagine a shaved skull with red dots all over it, I'll try to update when the fun stuff starts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So its almost been a year (10 months) the sides were thickening but ive started to notice all the white dots (scars) are visible along my hairline which is really troubling, i didnt think this would be so noticeable or obvious at all, i havent reall yseen this in other patients before. Also in the front of my hairline the spacing is really poor, like a singular trees in the woods. Any ideas on the dotted scarring?

unnamed.jpg.a7de6f3fe5bb0ed0462c038258626f6c.jpg

• 3 months later...