HELP!!! extreme working conditions. how long do I need off before going back to wor?

global51

Hi there,*

I have decided to do a HT in october purely based on online research, a lot of research by the way. I'm going for a FUT procedure as the graft estimation is about 2500/3000.

I have a concern in regards to the time I need off before going back to work.

I'm a construction worker and I work in a remote place for 30 days straight. Medical assistance is very limited where I work.

Temperature reaches 35 degrees with 85% humidity. I have to wear a hard hat 10 hours/day for 30 days straight. It sits on my forehead and around the back of my head, where the donor area is.

Is 4 weeks after the surgery enough time for the scar to heal and face this working conditions? Could this condition affect the growth of the new hair?

I chose a clinic in thailand and they said *(email consultation) 4 weeks *"should" be alright. I'd like some advice rather than hope for the best.

Thanks*

Edited by global51

Be advised your staples/stitches will need to come out around the 10 day or 2 week mark. Personally I don't think it would be ideal to be wearing a hard-hat 10 hours a day at 4 weeks, but I guess it might work. In your daily routine in construction would you describe your work as physically strenuous or are you sitting inside a machine like a bulldozer? And how old are you?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

For extreme working conditions that includes heavy lifting and construction work, it would be best to wait at least a couple of weeks if you've had strip surgery and possibly only a week to 10 days if you've had FUE. That said, even if you do return to work after strip surgery after two weeks, heavy lifting should be minimized as you do not want to put a strain on the donor star. In the beginning, for the first couple of months, it will be very tender and easy to stretch if you put any strain on it. So realistically, for the first 2 to 3 months, I wouldn't do any heavy lifting that could put a strain on the donor area.

At the end of the day, the best place to get advice for this is your surgeon. Every doctor has their own postoperative instructions and while they may be similar, it is important to follow the advice of your surgeon.

All the best,

Bill

Thailand? and whom have u chosen for a Doctor? sounds to me like ur about to make the biggest mistake of ur life to save a few pennies....

the recovery for FUE is much shorter. I wud reconsider FUT. you never know how ur scar is gonna heal and under them conditions I wud be worried that it would stretch which is why FUE is a better option period.

today there just as many FUE doctors available and affordable as FUT.

Thailand? and whom have u chosen for a Doctor? sounds to me like ur about to make the biggest mistake of ur life to save a few pennies....

the recovery for FUE is much shorter. I wud reconsider FUT. you never know how ur scar is gonna heal and under them conditions I wud be worried that it would stretch which is why FUE is a better option period.

today there just as many FUE doctors available and affordable as FUT.

He may be a High NW meaning he need to move more hair over several passes. If that's the case FUT would properly favor this poster.

Also just because he wants to goto Thailand for surgery don't mean that there is not good HT Doctors there.

I'm 35 years old. I've chosen Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand. He seems to be very professional and have really good reviews. But again, all my research and consultation have been done online.

I'm hands on at work, meaning I'm always moving and often carrying something, not necessarily something heavy.

The project I'm working will be finished in March next year but after years wearing a hat to hide my receding line I can't wait to move on and have some hair back in my head (knowing that will take few months)

I'm level 4 on the scale of baldness. I've been taking minoxidil only. I get swollen face from it, especially around the eyes, so something I leave it aside for couple of days and then back on it. It helps but not a lot.

Any suggestion in terms of medicine to prevent furter hair loss? I've taken finasteride I do think want to take it again.

Be advised your staples/stitches will need to come out around the 10 day or 2 week mark. Personally I don't think it would be ideal to be wearing a hard-hat 10 hours a day at 4 weeks, but I guess it might work. In your daily routine in construction would you describe your work as physically strenuous or are you sitting inside a machine like a bulldozer? And how old are you?

Hi

I'm hands on at work. Work is very physical and I'm always moving around, bending down, etc. The work is not hard as such, the weather condition makes it hard as it is very hot and humid. I'm 35 years old. What do you think?

Thanks for your reply

Hi there,*

I have decided to do a HT in october purely based on online research, a lot of research by the way. I'm going for a FUT procedure as the graft estimation is about 2500/3000.

I have a concern in regards to the time I need off before going back to work.

I'm a construction worker and I work in a remote place for 30 days straight. Medical assistance is very limited where I work.

Temperature reaches 35 degrees with 85% humidity. I have to wear a hard hat 10 hours/day for 30 days straight. It sits on my forehead and around the back of my head, where the donor area is.

Is 4 weeks after the surgery enough time for the scar to heal and face this working conditions? Could this condition affect the growth of the new hair?

I chose a clinic in thailand and they said *(email consultation) 4 weeks *"should" be alright. I'd like some advice rather than hope for the best.

Thanks*

I could imagine how you feel.

If you are VERY careful, after 4 weeks you should be okay.

After 4 weeks, your recipient areas should be great. Your donor area, on the other hand, is not completely healed. You're supposed to remove the stitches after 10 days or so. Then after, there is still noticeable redness and is vulnerable to stretch (time frame 1 to 2 months, some 3). You're suppose to take care and not lift heavy items. You could wear a hat after 4 weeks no problem. But for 10 hours straight, I really don't know. And even with extreme temperature...

Since the email consultation said it would be okay, if I were in your situation, I would do it. :)

If you have done enough research about HT, and you are ready, again, if I were in your situation, I would do it. :)

Good luck, wish this works great for you.:)

thats unlikely. its extremely rare that FUT will benefit someone over FUE these days. a few years back that argument could be made but considering FUT does NOT include BHT then FUE will yield more grafts then FUT on average considering one has thousands of more available grafts from the body and face.

AND one has to worry if they are gonna be one of the thousands of unlucky ones that now have a disfiguring scar in the back of their head which is TELL-TALE sign that you had a HT that will now require FUE to repair it.

makes far more sense to get FUE from the beginning. its already been proven on a yearly basis now that FUE can harvest just as many grafts as FUT from the head with virtually zero evidence of a HT and thousands more from the face and body.

there are far better option then Dr. Path. price is usually why ppl like the OP have chosen their given doctor not skill and results. yea Path is decent just not great. there are plenty of GREAT HT surgeons that are affordable.

this isn't like getting ur car painted. if they screw ur car up u just sand down and re-paint. screw ur head up and ur screwed for life!

He may be a High NW meaning he need to move more hair over several passes. If that's the case FUT would properly favor this poster.

Also just because he wants to goto Thailand for surgery don't mean that there is not good HT Doctors there.

thats unlikely. its extremely rare that FUT will benefit someone over FUE these days. a few years back that argument could be made but considering FUT does NOT include BHT then FUE will yield more grafts then FUT on average considering one has thousands of more available grafts from the body and face.

AND one has to worry if they are gonna be one of the thousands of unlucky ones that now have a disfiguring scar in the back of their head which is TELL-TALE sign that you had a HT that will now require FUE to repair it.

makes far more sense to get FUE from the beginning. its already been proven on a yearly basis now that FUE can harvest just as many grafts as FUT from the head with virtually zero evidence of a HT and thousands more from the face and body.

there are far better option then Dr. Path. price is usually why ppl like the OP have chosen their given doctor not skill and results. yea Path is decent just not great. there are plenty of GREAT HT surgeons that are affordable.

this isn't like getting ur car painted. if they screw ur car up u just sand down and re-paint. screw ur head up and ur screwed for life!

FUT is only better if you are very sedentary, and certain about keeping your hair fairly long for ever. The yield does appear to be still slightly more favorable. Don't count FUT out if you are confident you've stabilized your loss and enjoy long hair.