Is ru58841 worth trying?

stashthecash

Stash,

Remember that RU58841 has not yet been reviewed and proven safe and effective for the treatment of hair loss. However, many have purchased it, created their own vehicles to help it absorb into the scalp, and used it with varying degrees of success. The most common complaint I've heard about RU is that many individuals who experienced side effects with systemic anti-androgens (IE finasteride) experienced sides with RU as well.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

i actually haven't heard about RU58841 in quite a while now. But in my opinion, your best line of defense against the progression of pattern baldness is finasteride/Propecia. You may also want to couple it with Rogaine/minoxidil which gives you an even better chance to stop hair loss from progressing. Just keep in mind that no non-surgical hair loss remedy has been proven to grow hair in completely bald areas. Only hair transplant surgery can do that.

I do agree however, that if you still have a significant amount of hair that it may be best for you to use nonsurgical treatments for now and then only later if you feel you need it consider hair transplantation. For me, surgical hair restoration was the best decision I've ever made but I was also pretty bald by the time I had surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

What Dr. Bloxham said. I've heard varying degrees of success but I've also heard that some men get the same sides as finasteride. It works in a different way but it still essentially does the same thing and it very likely still goes systemic, so the rest of the body may be affected the same way.

Add to that the hassle of having to buy it and create your own vehicle to apply it, and it just seems like a lot of hassle without a lot of clinical study to back it up. That's not to say it doesn't work, but how well it works, or what is the best dose/vehicle to use is still without proper study, not to mention any real knowledge about long-term safety (no reason to suspect it's particularly unsafe, but it's all conjecture either way).

I think finasteride, minoxidil and transplants are still the three best options, with maybe some good adjuncts like Nizoral etc. Personally I don't think I'd trust purchasing and creating my own anti-androgen!

• 1 month later...

I have tried it for a pretty long period of time. Worked well at maintaining my hair and thickening. It's not approved though so use at your own risk.

Finasteride should be the first treatment everyone should look at.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com