Does the biotin-induced acne breakout eventually stop?

Funny you mention this, that ive been taken 10 I.U daily for yrs & do break out from time to time & I'm in my late 40s & had a nice whopping big ass spots this last few days.

I have heard that this can happen with Biotin & other supplements so I may just cut my dose down to every other day to see how that works out.

Also not sure if your using rogain but this also can give same sort of sides.

I'm starting to think that going over the top with any of this stuff can be counterproductive in some ways.

You could also get yourself tested to see what type of nutrients you could be lacking or producing at a reasonable levels.

Hope that helps in some way

good luck.

I agree, cutting back the dosage may bring about some improvement.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Gman/OnTop,

Are you taking MSM with the biotin? I tend to see more breakouts from this than I do with biotin.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yep I am taking Msn, zink, Vit D, fish oils & Biotin every day for last 2 yrs I think all has helped to a certain degree, hair feels stronger & healthier but biggest thing is my hair feels softer & maybe thinner if that makes sense....but still healthy & shiny.

As for skin yep I do have these breakouts from time to time, maybe it could be several things also such as Min use of at the start x2 a day & if I'm truthful proberly more use than I should, so I just use x1 a day with that nighttime mostly.

So now I'm thinking to cut half of all the supplements per a wk intake & see what becomes from there, as like I said I think to much of all this stuff can be counterproductive in some way.

Gman/OnTop,

Are you taking MSM with the biotin? I tend to see more breakouts from this than I do with biotin.

Simply taking biotin. I eat a ton of brewer's yeast as well.

The acne breakout is manageable I hope my system will adjust. My hair needs to grow fast so I can look presentable in the next few months before the growth kicks in!

When do you advise to stop biotin? Thanks

Some are of the opinion to take the supplement until the growth has fully manifested.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Yes because you will have growth at least up to 12 full months....;)

Gillenator