Buzzed After Ht, Can See My Scalp ?

So before my HT-work for my hairline we buzzed my head.

Now 12 days later when the hair has grown out a little bit you can see my scalp alot. i think its maybe 5mm.

My hair appeared thick before i buzzed it down. sense we did a dense pack on my hairline there is a contrast between the hairline and the rest of the hair maybe making it seem worse than it is.

What do you guys think? does it look normal or? is it normal to see the scalp when short hair like this or is it thin?

(there is a picture of my hair before the buzz aswell)

14060151_10157349598940323_1598307897_o.thumb.jpg.8e6487027256eb2d86f4e560afdfc83a.jpg

14045013_10157349598635323_1796440207_o.thumb.jpg.f6a3fb071b585f7f6c54db8aa9bad13f.jpg

14074620_10157349599470323_1756029349_o.thumb.jpg.56e1a401dec203a83abe3ab5f583036d.jpg

14075065_10157349603915323_435250500_o.thumb.jpg.4e51f352d1cedc80999a77d9f52d24f6.jpg

14074496_10157349629610323_30343228_o.thumb.jpg.ab21ea7c7c2ce417f46032e623660ee0.jpg

Sorry man, it is definitely thinning, you basically have a NW4V pattern of miniaturization showing. Did you not discuss this with your doc prior to the procedure?

If you are not on finasteride, and don't get on it, all that will be gone eventually. You should seriously consider finasteride and rogaine to extend your results and reduce the time needed in between cases to keep up with your loss.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Sorry man, it is definitely thinning, you basically have a NW4V pattern of miniaturization showing. Did you not discuss this with your doc prior to the procedure?

If you are not on finasteride, and don't get on it, all that will be gone eventually. You should seriously consider finasteride and rogaine to extend your results and reduce the time needed in between cases to keep up with your loss.

No because we didn't notice it when i shaved it down so short and my hair looked good before we shaved it down. thats my hair 10 days ago before i shaved.

But now when its growing out a bit im seeing it for what it is. You said what i feared and tried to deny .

I haven't taken any medications for it but i will start with fin now. Should i take 1mg every day? I think i will wait with rogaine sense i dont need so much regrowth , i just want to maintain

IMG_7620.thumb.jpg.b1f43cce3214eb89842f4c5c4b15c501.jpg

No because we didn't notice it when i shaved it down so short and my hair looked good before we shaved it down. thats my hair 10 days ago before i shaved.

But now when its growing out a bit im seeing it for what it is. You said what i feared and tried to deny .

I haven't taken any medications for it but i will start with fin now. Should i take 1mg every day? I think i will wait with rogaine sense i dont need so much regrowth , i just want to maintain

You should take whatever your do prescribes if you feel comfortable. I take 1.25 (5mg proscar cut into 4ths). I also do rogaine 1 time a day at night, all just for maintenance. I really don't see a good reason not to do rogaine if you are taking fin. The more fight power, the better,

Really though, your doc definitely should have caught that, even unshaven, with loops or a microscope.

Is this your first procedure?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You should take whatever your do prescribes if you feel comfortable. I take 1.25 (5mg proscar cut into 4ths). I also do rogaine 1 time a day at night, all just for maintenance. I really don't see a good reason not to do rogaine if you are taking fin. The more fight power, the better,

Really though, your doc definitely should have caught that, even unshaven, with loops or a microscope.

Is this your first procedure?

Yea maybe i will. its just the thought of being chained to this routine that scares me, i know that if i start i cant quit. i will be completely dependent on it and thats a hard pill for me to swallow.

No its my second. I have used 3565 grafts in total and im soon 30 years old. I dont know how much i have left in my donor. He said around 1000 grafts left but i actually dont believe him , i think i have alot more than that.

Anyways even the bigger reason to maintain i guess..

That's a very low lifetime supply. Some people have that few but they have obviously poor donor. I imagine you have more also.

I understand that thought of meds being hard to accept but it isn't that hard. you don't have to take them, but then the likelihood of going bald faster without the donor to keep up of the pill you have to swallow. The meds can give you 5 to 10 or more years on maintained or increased hair. Look at spex, he has gotten 16 good years out of it. You won't know what meds will do til you try but if you dont you have a very good idea. Finally, a hair system behind your transplant is something that you could consider if you dont do the meds. If you do use them I think you should start as soon as possible.

View Spanker's Website

Where did you have your 3k plus grafts put in? Im guessing zone 1,2 & 3 right?

have you any pictures of your first surgery you can show?

I think this last one you had that there is some shock loss, am I correct?

That's a very low lifetime supply. Some people have that few but they have obviously poor donor. I imagine you have more also.

I understand that thought of meds being hard to accept but it isn't that hard. you don't have to take them, but then the likelihood of going bald faster without the donor to keep up of the pill you have to swallow. The meds can give you 5 to 10 or more years on maintained or increased hair. Look at spex, he has gotten 16 good years out of it. You won't know what meds will do til you try but if you dont you have a very good idea. Finally, a hair system behind your transplant is something that you could consider if you dont do the meds. If you do use them I think you should start as soon as possible.

Yea i dont know where he gets that number. Thats my donor after 2065 grafts and right before my 1500 grafts. I think i have good thick hair in the back. should atleast have a couple of thousand grafts left?

No there is no question in my mind . Im taking my first pill tomorrow morning. Honestly it feels good and kind of revealing that im doing it. I have a full head of hair now and invested alot of money and time in HTs. Can i maintain it a couple of years using fin im good.

I will start with 1mg fin everyday and see how it goes/feels and then maybe doing rogain later on if everything feels good. Thank you for you support Spanker, appreciate it.

IMG_7633.thumb.jpg.62f773a1aadfe49ce503fbf1845bb96c.jpg

Where did you have your 3k plus grafts put in? Im guessing zone 1,2 & 3 right?

have you any pictures of your first surgery you can show?

I think this last one you had that there is some shock loss, am I correct?

Yea, you can see my first and present one on here.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184275-1500-grafts-fue-dr-keser-part-2-a.html

First one was 2065 grafts on the front and temples. Second one was 1500 grafts lowering the hairline since we put it to high the first time, (200grafts of those 1500 went in the crown)

So i dont think i had any shock loss...

Edited by Gatsu

Yep I see you had some good results but kinda miffed of where this centre of your scalp got weaker in a short space of time [marked in red] obviously looking at your results its happened recently.

Good news is that you have decided to jump on Fin which IMO will reverse that area of weakness especially if happened the last 5 yrs.

I get you with the anxiety of taken such a medication & a lifetime commitment but at the start of taken this type of pill, you could just take 1.25 every other day & then see if it effects you, if not then maybe that's all you need just to maintain like a lot of guys seem to do.

I wish you the best.

5b32ee4175f5f_2016-08-1819_20_07.jpg.a5901b6dbadba5c31512d2c984b91599.jpg

I looked at your other thread. First, you never should have dropped the hairline. It just didn't need it. But that's in the past now. And again, the doc should have caught that miniaturization, which is probably around 30 percent. He should have refused to drop the hairline IMO, or at a minimum told you that you will end up a high Norwood without it.

Here is the good news... 1. You do have a lot of donor left. I don't know how much, but my guess is 2500 fue left and more if you dig into strip down the line. 2. I see no evidence of thinking in your donor in your other thread. It actually looks amazing. 3. You have yet to see the power of meds so you could have a decade or more until you need to concerned. 3. While I can't tell for sure your donor seems to have a great caliber based on your previous results. 4. You're done with your hairline. All future grafts...like way future hopefully, should be focused on your frontal third to one half.

View Spanker's Website

I looked at your other thread. First, you never should have dropped the hairline. It just didn't need it. But that's in the past now. And again, the doc should have caught that miniaturization, which is probably around 30 percent. He should have refused to drop the hairline IMO, or at a minimum told you that you will end up a high Norwood without it.

Here is the good news... 1. You do have a lot of donor left. I don't know how much, but my guess is 2500 fue left and more if you dig into strip down the line. 2. I see no evidence of thinking in your donor in your other thread. It actually looks amazing. 3. You have yet to see the power of meds so you could have a decade or more until you need to concerned. 3. While I can't tell for sure your donor seems to have a great caliber based on your previous results. 4. You're done with your hairline. All future grafts...like way future hopefully, should be focused on your frontal third to one half.

You are right in many ways. My thought was that i wanted the perfect hairline and worst case if im loosing the hair loss battle i will shave and add SMP. I look good shaved/buzz and can pull that of i think (picture). But honesty i didn't know the hair loss was in this stage.

How come my hair looked and felt so "thick" if im thinning like this?

Maybe its's a shock loss from the HT? But looking at my pictures right before the HT shaved down i think you can see the same patter. do you agree?

That is good news! in a way it feels good to not have to think about my big forehead and hairline anymore and only focus on the hair behind. i will take a picture of my donor later and post it here to see how it looks after 3565 grafts.

I took my first pill 2 hours ago :) 1mg . i feel hopeful and i have a good mindset about it.

buzz.jpg.11eb65746d47bddff73f82710e3f8799.jpg

Edited by Gatsu

Yep I see you had some good results but kinda miffed of where this centre of your scalp got weaker in a short space of time [marked in red] obviously looking at your results its happened recently.

Good news is that you have decided to jump on Fin which IMO will reverse that area of weakness especially if happened the last 5 yrs.

I get you with the anxiety of taken such a medication & a lifetime commitment but at the start of taken this type of pill, you could just take 1.25 every other day & then see if it effects you, if not then maybe that's all you need just to maintain like a lot of guys seem to do.

I wish you the best.

Yes, i was very happy with my results the first time. I think the hair loss since then must have been "slow" over the five years because i haven't noticed any major sheeding or anything like that. and as i said , my hair did look and felt thick, witch is weird imo.

Yes! i feel good about it. Doing 1mg a day to see how it feels :). thanks for your support!

is there a time limit on how well fin works with regrowth?

for instance, I lost a lot of hair, diffuse thinning, over past year or two.. because I lost it over 2 years, will fin grow that back?

Yeah man. You can see it in the pre op. I do think it is strange that your hair looks so good grown out and that there is not sign at all at a distance of thinking.

Makes me nervous about buzzing by head. I actually did the same thing a year before my transplant. I buzzed down to check for thinning. I couldn't see an advanced pattern so I grew my hair for almost a year. I am scared to buzz it now.

What happens when you start to thin you can have individual hairs in your follicular units miniaturize. So I think at length you still have course enough hair that at length you have enough hair mass for it to look completely full.

Fin should set you for a very long time and your coarse donor will help so much. If you have 2500 grafts left, it could look like 4k grafts on someone like me who does not have course donor.

With the grafts you have left plus your donor you may be good for another 20 years.

View Spanker's Website