Very dumb thought: Does one side of the body heal better than the other?

Looking through a bunch of hair transplant threads, quite a few otherwise successful transplants (not a lot but enough to notice) seem to always have one side 'lagging behind' and it never quite catches up and this side often seems to be the left side, which would be the non dominant one for most people...

Like, the dominant side of the face is usually stronger and more well developed, so would the body prioritize healing on that side as well, leading to more likely better hair transplant results on that side?

From looking at many guys hairlines over the years it tends to be that the right side of the hairline is worse than the left in general so it could is very possible that the right side might be slower to see results than the left.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

I'm not sure about the physiological aspect of this, but I have also seen it suggested that the difference in results on either side of the head can occasionally be attributed to the different technicians working on each side - if one is more experienced than the other, for example. I haven't seen many cases like this personally and don't think this is particularly common, but I do remember this coming up from time to time on the forum over the past couple of years.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Although it is not unusual for one side of the scalp to be more responsive, it is not necessarily a clinical verification. Some guys like myself do not have any difference on either side.

Some individuals tend to experience more thinning on one side and can be attributable to where they part their hair or how they groom from side to side, meaning left-to-right or vice versa.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY