2 weeks away from HT (3500 grafts) with Dr. Hasson; do I *really* need one?

trashpanda

It is really hard for me to tell from these pictures, but I'm not an expert. You definitely conceal any loss you may have very well with that style. Did you have an in-person or online consultation with Dr. Hasson? Are you going with FUT or FUE?

I'm sure it's going to sound like a broken record, but are you taking any medications to stabilize your hair loss? With the type of thinning your experiencing, I'd be curious to see how you improve on fin.

As for Dr. Hasson, I can't recommend him enough! In taking care of you, he'll consider any future loss you may have, as well as existing hair miniaturization (those hairs likely to be lost in the future). There’s no one size fits all solution, but I do think it’s normal to feel nervous or even a little doubt running up to your operation.

are you taking any medications to stabilize your hair loss? With the type of thinning your experiencing, I'd be curious to see how you improve on fin.

Covered in post

I'd say yes you do need it. Your hair looks like its manageable under perfect settings ( no wind, no rain, no extreme light, and nothing that would cause it to move). You'd be surprised how much 3500 grafts would do for you. I don't think you'd regret it.

It is really hard for me to tell from these pictures, but I'm not an expert. You definitely conceal any loss you may have very well with that style. Did you have an in-person or online consultation with Dr. Hasson? Are you going with FUT or FUE?

Thanks! I did NOT have an in person or online consultation with Dr. Hasson (which is why I am getting a bit anxious now), but I did have an in person meeting with their rep, Mike Ferko. He is an interesting guy, but did a pretty brief examination/look at my hair loss. I had actually previously emailed H&W pics and they said I should not get a HT. I am going with FUT.

I'm sure it's going to sound like a broken record, but are you taking any medications to stabilize your hair loss? With the type of thinning your experiencing, I'd be curious to see how you improve on fin.

As for Dr. Hasson, I can't recommend him enough! In taking care of you, he'll consider any future loss you may have, as well as existing hair miniaturization (those hairs likely to be lost in the future). There’s no one size fits all solution, but I do think it’s normal to feel nervous or even a little doubt running up to your operation.

I am on fin, taking .25 per day. I think it has stabilized, but not stopped, my hair loss. I know Dr. Hasson is the best, which is why I chose him. I feel I am in good hands, but am just curious as to what I can expect and what kind of shock loss I might experience.

I'd say yes you do need it. Your hair looks like its manageable under perfect settings ( no wind, no rain, no extreme light, and nothing that would cause it to move). You'd be surprised how much 3500 grafts would do for you. I don't think you'd regret it.

Thanks for the input. Agree, it looks find under good setting, but if windy or wet it looks much worse. Excited for the HT and having a thick/reinforced frontal hairline. Don't think I will regret it.

Saw your pics. I say absolutely go for it. You won't be disappointed.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Sorry, this is a cross-post...accidentally first posted in the wrong forum!

Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am 2 weeks away from getting my HT done with Dr. Hasson. I am 29 years old and have had hair loss since I was in my early 20s. I have been on and off fin since 22, but really only started to use it consistently over the past year (.25mg per day). While I am not sure if it has actually stopped my hair loss (it seems to slowly get worse), the hair loss also does not seem to have accelerated.

My male relatives all have some form of hair loss. No one is totally bald, but on my mom's side everyone has very receded hairlines that slowly advance with age, and on my dad's side, lots of diffuse thinning through the crown and frontal part of the scalp (though it seems to hit them mostly later in life). My hair is very fine.

I finally decided a while back to pull the trigger and get a HT. I am young and the level of hair loss that I had was really weighing on my psychologically - I was constantly aware of it and trying to hide it and was always noticing the hair on other guys (I am sure many of you can relate!). I am excited for the procedure. BUT now as I do a bit more research, I am wondering: what kind of results can I expect? My hair line is decent, and though thin in parts, looks alright when dry and styled. Its hard to find examples of people with my level of hair loss getting a transplant - anyone in a similar boat? Because there seems to be lots of native hair in the thinning area, I am wondering as well if the shockloss will be worth it.

I am still going to go through with it but am wondering if anyone has any opinions or wisdom as to what I can expect, or if you had similar hair loss and what your outcome ultimately was (the end result, as well as in terms of shock loss). Also, will the whole frontal third of my hair need to be shaved? Thank you!

LEFT.thumb.jpg.7d971890ca86e9d1745484062fc2a749.jpg

MIDDLE.thumb.jpg.2192d7c9633ff288c3b89dac22adf949.jpg

RIGHT.thumb.jpg.d6f80125a02cec7f768d1c22011e4466.jpg

CROWN.thumb.jpg.9956c349765ba1aefec7363280885e05.jpg

No one truly needs a HT unless they're being repaired. That being said I've been to Dr. Wong and seemed to have a good experience too early to tell yet. I have way more loss than you though. I will say getting a HT is an emotional roller coaster so be prepared and as I've heard others say surgery will always be there so no need to rush really.

Its a risky move being still young & not on any type of medications but not sure if you are or not right now.

if you are then if I was you, then ride it out for several yrs & see how you react to medications, you never know somebody with your type of MPB could work very well in your favor.

I wish you well whatever you do.