healthy eating

Yeah, I saw this the other day. While I do think diet probably plays a part in quality and maybe even quantity of hair, I don't think if your MPB predisposition is that strong, that you're gonna avoid it with diet. Plus, there are tons of fat dudes at McDonald's right now with phenomenal hairlines. And there are other 'hair loss diet' cures out there that say you should include dairy, fish, meat, and other things this one says to ban. Also, I have known some very bald lifelong vegetarians with great diets. It really does just come down to the genetic lottery, I think.

If you have hair loss specifically due to dietary issues (ie- low iron et al) then, yeah, I could see something like this working. The upside, though, is obviously that trying would mean that at worst you'd get a whole bunch of other health benefits.

However, on a side note, I was watching a documentary on tribes in the Amazon the other day, and I noticed that every single male they showed, of every age, had thick, super healthy, maddeningly dense black hair. I don't know if somehow the bald gene never made it into that ancestral pool, or if living in a place without modern toxins and pollutants getting on your skin and in your food keeps them from losing it, or if it was just the coincidence of a small sample size getting screen time. I think also maybe the natural plant lotions they make and use on hair and skin, and mud baths et al, maybe helps somehow purify the skin and clean the pores and follicles or something. Ok, now I'm just rambling. In any case, I may move to the Amazon.

Bald in the modern world, or a stunning mane but living in a hut? Which would you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! Some things to consider doing to help the body cleanse.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Interesting video. I really should commit to making a life long change for my diet, I feel like my hair loss has progressed more in the last 6 months than ever, and I know full well that was when my diet got a lot worse, moving out from my parents

For what it's worth, my diet is pretty much the best it's ever been over these last few months, and I've lost more hair than I've ever lost at the same time. So, short of making a wig out of spaghetti, I don't think food is going to stop hair loss.

Healthy, daily juicing is what led me to getting a hair transplant. I had new hairs springing up everywhere but my temples. I also juice a watermelon slice daily.

Yeah i agree it probably won't stop hairloss. the only thing I can see it improving is blood flow.

So do you think the author of the OP video is lying about stopping his hair loss through nutrition?

Healthy, daily juicing is what led me to getting a hair transplant. I had new hairs springing up everywhere but my temples. I also juice a watermelon slice daily.

Do you have a specific protocol you use? Ie- specific juices/veggies in certain amounts, or do you just wing it? And if you do have a set plan, do you gear it specifically towards things thought to improve hair growth, or do you just do it for health purposes, and the hair was a bonus?

Would love some insight, if you wouldn't mind. I actually have a juicer, and would like to start using it more for general health improvement. Uber bonus if hairs start a'poppin.

So do you think the author of the OP video is lying about stopping his hair loss through nutrition?

hmm do I think he's lying..I don't know. do I think it will altogether stop hair loss.. not likely. do I think it will help blood flow probably yes.

nothing will stop hairloss not even fda products stop hairloss so I don't think watermelon will halt hairloss or mpb altogether. if it is true then why do top athletes go bald? they must eat the most nutrient fruits out there.. the only way I think it could work is if you have a nutrient deficiency but I could be wrong.

Do you have a specific protocol you use? Ie- specific juices/veggies in certain amounts, or do you just wing it? And if you do have a set plan, do you gear it specifically towards things thought to improve hair growth, or do you just do it for health purposes, and the hair was a bonus?

Would love some insight, if you wouldn't mind. I actually have a juicer, and would like to start using it more for general health improvement. Uber bonus if hairs start a'poppin.

Sure. I started juicing little over a year ago. Like most people I started due to a medical emergency. I am a researcher for a very large chemical company and my job relies on me to speak Spanish, German, French and Italian. I have researched hair loss in all of these languages.

I had a collapse of my neurological system due to the stress of my work. No matter how healthy you are stress can still kill you in an instant. I believe this is the reason you will often see overweight or generally unhealthy people with very sedentary lifestyles with very healthy heads of hair - they have little to no stress while professional athletes suffer more regular stress than we could ever imagine. While most European researchers put emphasis on reducing stress and increasing vitamin and nutrient intake, Americans are mostly reliant on drugs to solve all of their problems.

I believe that low stress, a nutrient rich diet, and healthy blood circulation (specifically blood circulation to the head/hair follicles) are the most effective natural ways of combating hair loss. If you read from or watch videos of the Australian Doctor Robert Lockhart you will see his philosophies on inversion and diet. He claims to have stopped his hair loss at 24 years old. I have not seen any "raw foodist" that has gone completely bald, unless they started later in life when they'd already lost most or all of their hair.

Dr Alexander Wunsch is a photobiologist from Heidelberg who spoke about the use of infrared light to combat baldness before we had the "laser comb" which essentially is a device to increase blood flow to your scalp. This theory is not new to most women, as they're regularly using things to promote blood flow to the scalp in the interest of growing their hair faster and healthier.

My personal daily juice regimen is as follows:

2 cup organic red kale

1 cup spinach

1 cup arugula

1 cup parsley

1 cup broccoli

1 cup cilantro

2" organic ginger root

1" Turmeric

1 slice red, green, orange, and yellow pepper

1/4 organic lemon

1/2 cup cabbage

1/8 Habanero pepper (great for circulation but hot)

1 dash of cayenne pepper

1 slice watermelon (unlike the video I juice the skin as well as it's been found to be the most nutrient dense portion of a watermelon)

All of my vegetables are organic and locally grown. My best advice is to come up with a recipe that you personally enjoy, and make it your own. Also I do not measure these daily - I measured them once and "eye ball" that measurement every day based on that recollection.

Bald in the modern world, or a stunning mane but living in a hut? Which would you choose?

Indigenous tribes have been studied for decades for their excellent health and lack of disease. They are however the pharmaceutical company's worst nightmare, so you won't see the facts very mainstream. Our chemical-dense, nutrient-depraved foods alone can make your precious hairs fall out.

I have seen this first hand with the indigenous tribes in Peru, the men all look very virile with full heads of hair due in my belief to adequate sunlight (vitamin D), all natural diets and lack of stress.

Just a thought... Wheatgrass shots are a popular healthy superfood at the moment, wheatgrass being the richest source of chlorophyll in the plant kingdom. After reading the following about wheatgrass..."Chlorophyll helps to wash drug deposits from the body, purifies the blood and organs and counteracts toxins", I was thinking is there any chance wheatgrass could be eliminate finasteride and/or minoxadil from the blood, thus counteracting the drug?

Edited by frogger

• 1 month later...

I read - same as every one else here who has done some research on hair loss causes and treatments - a lot of theories about diet and the role it plays in MPB. The link seems tenuous to me. As BaronVonHairline points out - there are a lot of fat folks hanging around McDonalds with damn fine heads of hair. There are also plenty of homeless with absolutely perfect hairlines, too (I don't think anyone would claim they indulge in good nutritional practices).

Can it improve the quality of your hair? Probably, insofar as it a requirement for keeping the body (including the hair) functioning well (I know when I get ill my hair certainly lacks life). Can it reverse, or halt, androgenetic alopecia (MPB)? For me, the hint is in the name: genetic.

As a side note, in the earlier stages of my hair loss, I became so intrigued by the phenomenon of how many homeless people I saw around with perfect heads of hair I researched an article called: Can Vitamins Really Regrow Your Hair? To your point I was specifically referring to vitamins and minerals such as zinc, vitamin E, etc. as opposed to herbs such as saw palmetto. My conclusion at that time was that vitamins and minerals have a minimal effect. Certainly an interesting subject and, clearly, my research was by no means conclusive.

As a side note, in the earlier stages of my hair loss, I became so intrigued by the phenomenon of how many homeless people I saw around with perfect heads of hair I researched an article called: Can Vitamins Really Regrow Your Hair? To your point I was specifically referring to vitamins and minerals such as zinc, vitamin E, etc. as opposed to herbs such as saw palmetto. My conclusion at that time was that vitamins and minerals have a minimal effect. Certainly an interesting subject and, clearly, my research was by no means conclusive.

oh my bad well in that case the only way I think it can stop someone's hair falling out is if you have a lack of nutrients like zinc and/or vitamins etc. don't get me wrong a proper diet could play some sort of role maybe psychologically and in turn that will make you feel better about yourself but will it grow your hair back if you have mpb I'm not sure the jurys still out on that one.