Dr Bhatti 1200grafts-3000grafts , East African male

Lii009

Traveling to India on 12 July to meet Dr Bhatti and undergo a hair transplant. I have been planning to have hair transplant for the last 2 years and I have come to the conclusion that Dr Bhatti is the right choice, I will write about how I arrived at this conclusion later when I write my longer Hair transplant-story.

Short summary of me: I am a 24 year old student living in Sweden , from East Africa originally. I started losing my hair at the age of 18 , used Rogaine for about 2 years, than I decided to discontinue. My hair loss is stage 4-5 I assume. It does look very big on picture , but its not that big .

I have been told, due to the difficulty arising from how African hair curls under the skin, I might not be suitable. Hence I will undergo test-grafting to determine the suitability of my hair (about 50 grafts), if transection rate is within or less than 10%-15% Dr Bhatti will it deem acceptable and hair transplant will follow.

I have been informed that if suitable , than the difficulty associated with extracting grafts from “African people” will still lead to low harvest yield. Not entirely sure why this is the case, it either curls under the skin or not, and if doesn’t curl, why would it than take longer to harvest than other hair-type that don’t curl? :confused: . This is why the headline reads “1200 grafts -3000 grafts”. If possible my desire is to have 3000 grafts, spread over 100-120m2 , giving me a density of 25-30grafts/m2 .

Travel plan

Flight time to Delhi is about 12h. then I will take another flight I bought separately to Chandigarh, sadly I couldn’t find a fitting connection flight close to my arrival time in Delhi and will therefore wait about 4h in the airport.

Im going through all this hassle , because im forced to enter the country through Delhi Airport with E-Visa (basically clear immigration , and get back into the airport). Evisa is only accepted in 16 airports across India , and this sadly excludes Chandigarh airport.

However, you can exit through any airport with Evisa, and I have therefore decided to exit India through Chandigarh airport.

The Evisa processing time is quick but application is rather tedious to complete , you need pictures of yourself and your passport (in PDF format, ) , after the paperwork is done you pay $48. After payment it states the process of issuing a visa takes 72 hours, but mine took less than 24hours.

Looking forward meeting Dr Bhatti and finally having this hair transplant that I have been planning for years. I will of course post a more detailed post about my experience and hopefully you will all be able to follow my progress through coming weeks and months.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.e37bf4950aeb2fcdaf296907ca641e38.jpg

Picture3.thumb.jpg.215b8898be435be904b5eb800595a5a8.jpg

Picture4.jpg.cbecd9ba7140b093ab4025402db065bd.jpg

5b32eda781a08_Picyure2.jpg.d6b55130680c655aa3bbee5e511c7f04.jpg

have been told, due to the difficulty arising from how African hair curls under the skin, I might not be suitable. Hence I will undergo test-grafting to determine the suitability of my hair (about 50 grafts), if transection rate is within or less than 10%-15% Dr Bhatti will it deem acceptable and hair transplant will follow.

I have been informed that if suitable , than the difficulty associated with extracting grafts from “African people” will still lead to low harvest yield. Not entirely sure why this is the case, it either curls under the skin or not, and if doesn’t curl, why would it than take longer to harvest than other hair-type that don’t curl? :confused: . This is why the headline reads “1200 grafts -3000 grafts”. If possible my desire is to have 3000 grafts, spread over 100-120m2 , giving me a density of 25-30grafts/m2 .

This is an honest and truthful assessment. Another big issue is keloid (excessive growth of thick, irregularly shaped and raised scarring on their skin) that the doctor has no control over. Africans are 7 times more likely to have keloid scaring compared to Caucasians. So there is a possibility that you will not be able to have your hair as short as it is now.

That is not a big number for such a large area. Africans hair usually very thick and curly. This allows a better illusion of density so even a smaller number of grafts can make big cosmetic difference.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This is an honest and truthful assessment. Another big issue is keloid (excessive growth of thick, irregularly shaped and raised scarring on their skin) that the doctor has no control over. Africans are 7 times more likely to have keloid scaring compared to Caucasians. So there is a possibility that you will not be able to have your hair as short as it is now.

That is not a big number for such a large area. Africans hair usually very thick and curly. This allows a better illusion of density so even a smaller number of grafts can make big cosmetic difference.

Good luck!

never heard of keloid scarring, does it come about as a result of fue hair transplant, or is it that some people might already have such scarrs and therefore become unsuitable?.

When it comes to the number of grafts, i would be satisfied if atleast the front, and mid scalp look "dense enough" as to look natural. the crown area and the temples im not bothered with that much, as long as they are covered and dont look exposed.

thanks for your input @Lerenzo

Keloid scaring has to do how your body produces scar tissue. This has to do with everytime you cut yourself, not strictly to hair transplant or technique. Ever if the doctor does small FUE holes (.08) there is always a possibility in Africans that if keloid is produced this small holes could be a lot bigger. Once again this has nothing to do with the doctor and his skill as it does how a person heals.

I am not trying to scare you. You have chosen a good doctor with lots of experience. I am posted a photo to show you an example.

12_image945.gif.dcd2bad594f624b3802f9cd00dc994ae.gif

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Keloid scaring has to do how your body produces scar tissue. This has to do with everytime you cut yourself, not strictly to hair transplant or technique. Ever if the doctor does small FUE holes (.08) there is always a possibility in Africans that if keloid is produced this small holes could be a lot bigger. Once again this has nothing to do with the doctor and his skill as it does how a person heals.

I am not trying to scare you. You have chosen a good doctor with lots of experience. I am posted a photo to show you an example.

thank you so much for your information . lets hope it doesnt come to that. im intending to wear my hair abit long.

If you haven't experienced keloid from previous scars you should be fine.

didn't dr umar bring out a special extraction tool specifically for curly hair? I'm sure I see that somewhere.

Yes his clinic uses a custom FUE device called the UGraft, which is also used in extraction of grafts from the beard and body:

https://www.dermhairclinic.com/follicular-unit-extraction-bht/

My first HT with Dr. Umar was for 4,600 grafts over three days. Since some of my head donor hairs, moreso on the sides as I recall than the back, were curing underneath the skin the whole procedure took an extra day. Between him taking the time to get the extractions done right, and perhaps because of the UGraft tool itself, I was able to get all the grafts transplanted.

I had weighed whether to go with the Dermhair clinic in LA or to fly out to India, but I'm glad I had the HT done with Umar. From my experience it would appear that I got a better yield than I would have with standard FUE tools.

It's been a very long time since I've grown my hair out longer but when I did I would describe it as frizzy and wavy. What's ironic is that it used to be very dense, as well. But at some point in my mid 20s it started to fall out. Combing my frizzy hair in the shower would pull out hairs and I didn't immediately connect it to hairloss, just tangles.

Lil009,

Congratulations on your decision to take the plunge. Dr. Bhatti does impressive work so I'm sure you'll be very satisfied. Please come back and share your experience and your updated pictures each month so we can follow along with your progress monthly.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
alright lii was nice to meet up with you in india how you getting on? how transplant coming on

Hey irish mate, I remember you got your HT done 2 years ago by Dr.Bhatti. How is the hair now? Can you please post some pictures? I was looking through your profile but couldnt find any. Thanks.

Hey irish mate, I remember you got your HT done 2 years ago by Dr.Bhatti. How is the hair now? Can you please post some pictures? I was looking through your profile but couldnt find any. Thanks.

that wasnt me i only got it done 2 wks ago with him

why you think it was me that got it done 2 years ago? :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

PostOp Pictures

Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t forgotten about you guys. Had a lot todo.

The experience and operation was good, I liked India very much. Doctor Bhatti was friendly and his staff were very talented. I will later this week write a longer and more detailed post.

I will now just share the post-operation pictures and give my comments about the HT.

The amount of hair harvested is clearly too little, also I think that the density which I estimate to be around 16-20 grafts/cm^2 is too small.

The recipient area which I estimate to be around 60-70 cm^2 received a total of 1164 grafts.

5b32ee486c430_1dayPost-op01.thumb.jpg.095dd086985885ba95d14fc67183bb33.jpg

5b32ee488fd42_1dayPost-op03.thumb.jpg.ecb08cb44eabb06ffef19fb4eda62240.jpg

5b32ee48a8d58_5daysPost-op.thumb.jpg.4168faaaaa2f8c69f29b1d7dc43c3fb0.jpg

5b32ee48cbac9_6daysPost-op.thumb.jpg.6e021520dbf81e4f42394046bb3ad42d.jpg

5b32ee48ed8ed_7daysPost-op02.thumb.jpg.58515952cf1616de2ee094b1c6545d2a.jpg

5b32ee4a04380_7daysPost-op.thumb.jpg.f9cc2f8d50e63b1c71378f6af0cefdf7.jpg

5b32ee4a25afe_8daysPost-op01.thumb.jpg.fb58e23cba89f9352f3864a67ff359dd.jpg

5b32ee4a4c8bb_11daysPost-op.jpg.b1b229120db8d16e8463fabecd48fe8f.jpg

5b32ee4a65ead_1dayPost-op02.thumb.jpg.b9871cfd62f8c0aff1aa98823ffc3752.jpg

• 2 years later...